Game Thread: Alabama at LSU (8PM CT; SEC Network) - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Alabama at LSU (8PM CT; SEC Network)

Deep three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Didn’t look like a foul to me

BamaNation First Team Tides_of_Change's Avatar

If only we could've played with the intensity of the last 10 minutes for the preceding 20. The lull in the middle/poor three defense killed.

I like the look of this match-up zone, with half or 3/4 court press. Too many guys getting loose playing man.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

This is going to be a weird SEC season.
    Just a barner.
    Auburn attempted 40 3 pointers while Tennessee only attempted 15. This kills the one seed.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Good effort at the end. That would have been epic if we could have pulled it off. No quit in this team though.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Watched recorded game after getting home late. Stats for the game were very close with one major exception being 3-point shots that gave LSU the nine point margin; Bama 7-24, LSU 10-15.

Same mistakes with turnovers as usual, dribbling into a pile of people.

LSU point guard gave Bama fits.

Giddens gave good effort in his 10 minutes of play. Reese, Norris, and Jones all had a good game.

Bama has a deep bench; I was wanting Coach Johnson to up the full-court and half-court pressure a little. Started to trap some late; had the LSU point guard throw a laser pass while laying on the ground...

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Looks like the guys made an attempt at a comeback. I quit watching. Decided to blow-up and kill people in Grand Theft Auto on Xbox. It made me feel better. Roll Tide!
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Watched recorded game after getting home late. Stats for the game were very close with one major exception being 3-point shots that gave LSU the nine point margin; Bama 7-24, LSU 10-15.

Same mistakes with turnovers as usual, dribbling into a pile of people.

LSU point guard gave Bama fits.

Giddens gave good effort in his 10 minutes of play. Reese, Norris, and Jones all had a good game.

Bama has a deep bench; I was wanting Coach Johnson to up the full-court and half-court pressure a little. Started to trap some late; had the LSU point guard throw a laser pass while laying on the ground...
    They also banked in 2 three point shots. I think LSU was around 30% from three coming into this game and they shot 66% this game. Really the difference in the game. Only complaint is that we dug ourselves a 15 point hole early on like we normally do. Almost impossible to come back from that deficit especially on the road. Four years into CAJ era and we still have scoring droughts and lulls where we just look like apathetic. Then, once we're firmly behind we start playing with our hair on fire. Have to find a way to balance that out so we stop getting ourselves into such a big deficit..

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by AUDub View Post
    This is going to be a weird SEC season.
    it really is, should be a lot of fun

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Tides_of_Change View Post
    If only we could've played with the intensity of the last 10 minutes for the preceding 20. The lull in the middle/poor three defense killed.

I like the look of this match-up zone, with half or 3/4 court press. Too many guys getting loose playing man.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Yeah it seems like this team is very successful when they play with high intensity. I know its hard to get that going on the road but man, thats a game I wish they would have gotten, especially coming off the win with UK. Good fight in the end tho

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    They also banked in 2 three point shots. I think LSU was around 30% from three coming into this game and they shot 66% this game. Really the difference in the game. Only complaint is that we dug ourselves a 15 point hole early on like we normally do. Almost impossible to come back from that deficit especially on the road. Four years into CAJ era and we still have scoring droughts and lulls where we just look like apathetic. Then, once we're firmly behind we start playing with our hair on fire. Have to find a way to balance that out so we stop getting ourselves into such a big deficit..
    Good points. One knock on CAJ in the NBA was his teams' in ability to guard on the perimeter. This also seems to be a consistent problem with late rotations and such. Several of their 3s were open looks. No defender. No hand in their face. This needs to be addressed as well. This team is talented and can make the tourney.

BamaNation All-American

I watched the game. LSU hit several prayer 3's and we shooting 80% from 3 in the 1st half. No one is going to beat a team hitting 3'd at that clip. It didn't help that we were on short rest and they had 11 days off to work on anything they wanted with no time limit while school was not in session. The geniuses at the league office screwed us again. We had UK, then turn around and face a team with a over a week and a half off on short rest. The we have to play at home and then have 3 straight road games. Ridiculous.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I watched the game. LSU hit several prayer 3's and we shooting 80% from 3 in the 1st half. No one is going to beat a team hitting 3'd at that clip. It didn't help that we were on short rest and they had 11 days off to work on anything they wanted with no time limit while school was not in session. The geniuses at the league office screwed us again. We had UK, then turn around and face a team with a over a week and a half off on short rest. The we have to play at home and then have 3 straight road games. Ridiculous.
    Not even wide open threes. They were hitting step back 3's with a man guarding them.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU