The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Clemson

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Good: We made it to the CFPCG
Bad: We got out coached and out-played all over the field.
Ugly: That clown (I don't care how funny or cute he is) #42 giving Dabo a"wet Willie" while he was giving his post game speech???

Can you imagine, no matter what the outcome or who the player, CNS' reaction to a wet Willie from a player...To me, that describes Dabo, Clemson, and this age group...Not my style at all...Show some respect, not cute, UGLY!!!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Good: Saban has lots and lots of teaching moments from this. I feel confident our guys will learn from this.
The Bad: The good guys lost and got blown-out at that. The whole team looked lost.
The Ugly: The game plan for this game. Seriously, when our own coach says we didn’t practice for what they were doing.

Was it just me or was the whole ESPN broadcast just off? Something about it seemed strange.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The Good : we can be the hunter again, instead of the hunted.
The bad : sending Damien Harris out like this.
The ugly : seeing the absolute joy of every other college fan base not named Clemson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spidermayin

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2018
The Good: We were able to run the ball pretty effectively
The Bad: Those two interceptions
The Ugly: Our defensive performance as a whole and our inability to score in the redzone.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Good: Contrary to lots of worries, the field seemed to hold up well
Bad: Our total team effort, especially in the second half
Ugly: Even when I thought we could get a stop, Lawrence would heave it up, and miracles
would occur. (Savion going down, circus catch by Ross etc)

It was one of those Murphy's law games - If it could go wrong, it did!

On to next year! And on to Mardi Gras down here.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good: Running game. O could move the ball. We don't have to hear the spill of Bama fatigue by the media

Bad:
The offense in the red zone, defense during 3rd down plays, busted coverage, kicking game, coaching ...
We don't get to hear the spill of Bama fatigue by the media

Ugly:
Losing ... its never pretty

I'm proud of what this team accomplished but this game unfortunately was a low point for the history of the program unfortunately. To put it in context:

We just had an historic year offensively to where this has been considered the best offensive team the school has had and we were held scoreless for over two quarters in a national championship game. We also had a defense that the most points scored on us during Saban's tenure here. Was Clemson the better team last night? Yes. Could this team beat them? I have no doubt that they could ... the issue is they didn't. The good thing is all of this can be corrected so its interesting to see what we do again to respond to adversity.

Saban has been pretty good at that thus far so no need to think he won't do it again.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Good- Clemson
Bad- Us
Ugly- The score
And it could have been worse! Can you imagine a team keeping the ball 10+ minutes to end a game. They could have scored again, if they had desired to.

Thanks Dabo for NOT embarrassing Alabama even worse than you did.

One team looked like they wanted to be there. I'm not sure what the other team wanted. I guess they thought they could win just by showing up for the party!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.