The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Clemson

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Good - I didn’t lose sleep playing “what if” in my head last night. When you get beat like that, acceptance of the result comes quickly.

Bad - the lack of physical play on our part.

Ugly - the fake fg into a “fake safe” defense. That alone didn’t cost us the game, but when the announcers are calling it before we even snapped the ball, you knew it had no chance.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Good - we actually got to participate in this game
Bad - we apparently wanted a participation trophy instead of earning the real trophy
Ugly - Just about everything from the 3rd play of the game until the final whistle...and my face this morning after 3.5 hours of sleep mostly dreaming about how we lost)

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
THE GOOD....... (I'm thinking...) (Still thinking...)
THE BAD.......... Our OL, and our DL
THE UGLY......... We were out coached and out played.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Clemson's CB pick six was a great play, but IIRC Tua's pass was slightly behind the receiver which made the interception easy. Since it was an out route, if the pass was where it was supposed to be, I am not sure the CB gets the pick, maybe, maybe not. Our DBs have been beaten on crossing routes all year long and Clemson took advantage of this glaring weakness.

Tubafore

Scout Team
Dec 13, 2018
Huntsville, AL
The good: Between the 5's, we moved the ball almost at will. The option to watch the game with no commentary thanks to the "Sounds of the Game" broadcast.
The bad: 1st - 4th and goal offense.
The ugly: Going away from what worked to seemingly try to prove we could run the ball when we wanted and when they knew it was coming. 3rd and long defense. My attitude during the game. College football games on Monday night instead of Saturday. Inconsistent calls from the refs. The amount of pressure we could put on Trevor Lawrence.

Begrudging props: Clemson #42 wrecked our game. Those sideline circus catches.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Clemson's CB pick six was a great play, but IIRC Tua's pass was slightly behind the receiver which made the interception easy. Since it was an out route, if the pass was where it was supposed to be, I am not sure the CB gets the pick, maybe, maybe not. Our DBs have been beaten on crossing routes all year long and Clemson took advantage of this glaring weakness.
IMHO, that throw was a mistake and ill-advised because he had to throw over the blitzer and that throw has to be zipped out there. Would be better to throw it away.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.