Looking ahead to next years final four - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Re: Looking ahead to next years final four

One advantage for us going into next year—we open against a laughable opponent in Duke. We should again coast through Sept/Oct. However, I think the schedule flip could hurt us next year. @TAMU and @barn.

Barring a total meltdown, we should definitely be in contention for a playoff spot.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC

Alabama
    Clemson
    Texas (I think they make the jump)
    Ohio State/Michigan

Outside looking in: Oregon and Florida

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    I'm not buying Ohio State until I see them. I think both Alabama and Clemson make it back and I'm not sure it matters after that.

Seriously, Clemson and Alabama feel so far ahead of everyone else right now I would be shocked if we don't get part 5 next year. Only alternative would be someone like Georgia beating us but I think we have a shot to be even better next year.
    We have a shot to be better, but only if we change some things Clemson exposed to the rest of the world.
    I look for lots of teams to copy what Clemson did when they play us.
    Most teams don't have the athletes or coaches that Clemson has,
    so I don't predict great success for them.
    HOWEVER...
    The Georgia's, Auburns, TAMU's of this world will be better able to execute the Clemson game plan.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 9th, 2019 at 12:09 AM. Reason: format

BamaNation Third Team

Clemson
    Alabama
    OU
    Ohio State/Georgia

Figure OSU will drop one along the way with a new staff (long term, I think they will be great). I expect UGA will lose a close one to us (even with all the attrition). Think UGA will get the nod by having the 'best loss'.

Maybe we were to harsh on ND for getting dusted by Clemson.

BamaNation Second Team Lovthablues's Avatar

Well let's see ... I'm predicting 1. Clemson 2. Texas or Oklahoma 3. Ohio State 4. Who ever comes out as winner of SEC ... probably between Georgia, Florida, A&M, LSU and possibly Bama!
    • Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.

BamaNation First Team

Of all the teams that made the playoffs this year, I think Clemson has the best chance at returning simply because there is nothing in the ACC that can stop them. A&M will once again be their most difficult game, followed by perhaps Syracuse in the Carrier Dome which is weird place to play.

In the SEC, I think UGA takes a small step backwards and it will be a dog fight in the East between them and Florida. Auburn, LSU and A&M will be difficult outs in the West, but I feel confident we win the West and the SEC and make the playoffs again.

For the other two spots, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Texas, Oklahoma, and Oregon seem like the best options and my prediction is Ohio St. and Texas.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Loam View Post
    My "too early" prediction:

Alabama
    Clemson
    Texas
    Ohio State
    So you're picking Texas over OU?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Peach Bowl: 1 Clemson vs 4 Ohio St
    Fiesta Bowl: 2 Bama vs 3 Oregon
    The CFP and ESPN would wet themselves with those ratings or with Texas in the Oregon spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by Power Eye View Post
    In the SEC, I think UGA takes a small step backwards and it will be a dog fight in the East between them and Florida. Auburn, LSU and A&M will be difficult outs in the West, but I feel confident we win the West and the SEC and make the playoffs again.
    For the other two spots, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Texas, Oklahoma, and Oregon seem like the best options and my prediction is Ohio St. and Texas.
    Unfortunately, I agree with you. I think UGA takes a step back. There's a lot of negative swirl going on and I'm not sure Kirby has a solid handle on things right now.

Florida is on the rise, but IMO their W/L record is inflated. They were getting their butts handed to them by Vandy and a couple of other teams, so three additional losses should have been on their record had their opponents not imploded. I think Mullen is a bit of a clown, but the media loves to drum up hype and controversy, so in August I suspect the Gators will get a lot of love to win the East.

Who can forget this stunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs1...&frags=pl%2Cwn

Clemson will be in no matter what. Their schedule is so easy, they have it made for the next 3-4 years at least (especially with Trevor L)

Ohio State-- will be interesting to see which QB starts

OU or Texas

Bama or UGA--of course I hope it's BAMA. I don't think the committee will consider 2 SEC teams. If BAMA does not make it to the top 4, "experts" will say the Dynasty is over, especially after what happened Monday with Clemson catching up. I think BAMA can get in the top 4 if injuries to key players don't happen, and if our defense improves (schemes, coaching, execution).

Playing at Texas AM and at Auburn will be a challenge. I hope Saban decides to give more players a chance to play in mop up duty during the season, especially on defense, so they will be more ready in the big games if needed due to injuries.

If BAMA can't win the Championship next year, I will be pulling for whomever Clemson is playing against. I like Dabo, but don't want him catching up to Saban's 6 Championships unless he does it as Saban's replacement at BAMA.

BamaNation All-American

Curious, DB. A lot of talk before and after the SEC Championship was that this was a bridge year for UGA, and that the best team was still to come in 2019. Can you expand on the negative swirl you cite?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post
    Unfortunately, I agree with you. I think UGA takes a step back. There's a lot of negative swirl going on and I'm not sure Kirby has a solid handle on things right now.

Florida is on the rise, but IMO their W/L record is inflated. They were getting their butts handed to them by Vandy and a couple of other teams, so three additional losses should have been on their record had their opponents not imploded. I think Mullen is a bit of a clown, but the media loves to drum up hype and controversy, so in August I suspect the Gators will get a lot of love to win the East.

Who can forget this stunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTs1...&frags=pl%2Cwn

BamaNation All-SEC

1. Clemson
    2. Alabama
    3. TOSU
    4. Oklahoma
    I think the top 3 have undefeated seasons and Oklahoma gets in with one loss. They go on to get stomped by Clemson.