Looking ahead to next years final four

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The Big 12 will likely come down to OU & Texas playing each other twice. OU has some interesting issues; on the one hand, 10 starters returning on D with a whole new D staff coming in and 2 straight great D recruiting classes. On the other hand, we must replace 4 O-line starters and a HT winning QB. Hurts coming would be nice but it's not like our QB room will be devoid of talent and our skill positions are literally off the charts. I think Texas will be favored to win the Big 12 but they could be a 2 loss team at the end of the year and win the conference if they beat OU in the championship game. I say this because they play LSU out of conference. OU gets UH at home and UCLA on the road. Of course, either could stumble in conference. I could easily see the Big 12 not making the playoff.
I gave Texas the edge next year because they are ready to win now while the Sooners have to totally rebuild their offense. Murray was your offense. You ran so effectively because teams were doing a mush rush to try and contain Murray. That said, if you get Jalen or Tate and your offensive line doesn't totally suck, you will be right there again. Texas will still be more experienced, but we know that this means almost nothing when you play them.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
You and I have very different definitions of "great D recruiting classes."
:biggrin2:

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Our past 2 D classes have been mostly 4 star kids. We lost 2 to injury this past year that should really help in 2019. I'm no recruiting expert but apparently you are. Regardless, I am encouraged about our incoming DC and the staff changes that are coming. If we can make the playoff with the abysmal D we had I am cautiously optimistic we will be better on D next year and if not as good on O, still very good. Contrary to the prevailing opinion on this board KM was not our entire O but my post herein was not intended to start a debate on star ratings of defensive recruits. It was to give an early opinion on the Big 12. Before you start denigrating the OU D you might want to re-evaluate the Tide D. By all accounts on this board it was not one of your best.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Before you start denigrating the OU D you might want to re-evaluate the Tide D. By all accounts on this board it was not one of your best.
Too true, and Alabama fans have willingly admitted as much. But OU's defense was far, far, far, far worse.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
You aren't really going anywhere near comparing Bama and OU's defenses...are you?

I think there's an A's game on MLB16...have a watch...

Our past 2 D classes have been mostly 4 star kids. We lost 2 to injury this past year that should really help in 2019. I'm no recruiting expert but apparently you are. Regardless, I am encouraged about our incoming DC and the staff changes that are coming. If we can make the playoff with the abysmal D we had I am cautiously optimistic we will be better on D next year and if not as good on O, still very good. Contrary to the prevailing opinion on this board KM was not our entire O but my post herein was not intended to start a debate on star ratings of defensive recruits. It was to give an early opinion on the Big 12. Before you start denigrating the OU D you might want to re-evaluate the Tide D. By all accounts on this board it was not one of your best.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.