Looking ahead to next years final four - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Re: Looking ahead to next years final four

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Curious, DB. A lot of talk before and after the SEC Championship was that this was a bridge year for UGA, and that the best team was still to come in 2019. Can you expand on the negative swirl you cite?
    UGA is getting ready for a serious upgrade at LB and DL. They have two D1 starters in the SEC ready players. They will be an absolute handful for the next 3 years. Bama will need to solve the Clemson game woes before they go out to face UGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation First Team yesitsmed23's Avatar

1)Clemson vs 4)TCU (with Jalen at QB)
    2)Bama vs 3)Ohio State

BamaNation Scout Team

Clemson should be a lock with how awful the ACC is right now even though I think they will struggle little more then people are pretending. They looked amazing in the Championship game but that was the best game they played all year. If you watched them a few other times their defense in the secondary was not that good. South Carolina went up and down the field on them in that game and Bentley threw for over 500 yards. They loose 7 or 8 starters on defense that being said i think now they could stumble a game and still win the conference and get in where before one loss would have knocked them out it won't anymore from perception. Ohio state will come out of a down Big Ten with Michigan still not having enough athletes and Penn State QB change. The question is can the SEC get two in this year or will either Alabama or Georgia stub their toe in the regular season again. If they don't SEC gets two in and if they do I like Texas over Oklahoma because of the loss of Murray which I think covered up many of their issues they had and the loss of their line this year.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsmed23 View Post
    1)Clemson vs 4)TCU (with Jalen at QB)
    2)Bama vs 3)Ohio State
    Is that really you? (Sorry, couldn't resist)

Interesting #4 there.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

Alabama
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Ohio State

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

I do not have Clemson in the CFP next year. They almost always find a way to drop a game that they shouldn't, and next year they have to play without five of their front 7 from this year. Their secondary is not as talented as they would like, so was going to be a liability no matter what. In other words, their defense will take a few big steps backward next year.

Someone will jump up and bite them, and their schedule is so bad that it could easily keep them out of the CFP. If they had not just beat Alabama, they wouldn't even enter next season in the top 5.

If they do get into the playoff, their defense will not be able to even slow Tua down.

IMO, Alabama has to worry about two teams next year - Georgia and OSU. Beat GA again and they are gone. They will fall apart. OSU may actually be better net year without Meyer as a distraction. Day and Schiano are incredible coaches.

My CFP 4 are:

Alabama
    Ohio State
    Texas (unless Jalen transfers to the Sooners)
    Winner of GA/ND game

1. Clemson
    2. Bama
    3 Ohio State
    4. OU.

Take that to the bank.

BamaNation All-American

Big, that's a big show of confidence in your school when at the moment you might need two tries to name the starting quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I do not have Clemson in the CFP next year. They almost always find a way to drop a game that they shouldn't, and next year they have to play without five of their front 7 from this year. Their secondary is not as talented as they would like, so was going to be a liability no matter what. In other words, their defense will take a few big steps backward next year.

Someone will jump up and bite them, and their schedule is so bad that it could easily keep them out of the CFP. If they had not just beat Alabama, they wouldn't even enter next season in the top 5.

If they do get into the playoff, their defense will not be able to even slow Tua down.

IMO, Alabama has to worry about two teams next year - Georgia and OSU. Beat GA again and they are gone. They will fall apart. OSU may actually be better net year without Meyer as a distraction. Day and Schiano are incredible coaches.

My CFP 4 are:

Alabama
    Ohio State
    Texas (unless Jalen transfers to the Sooners)
    Winner of GA/ND game

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Big, that's a big show of confidence in your school when at the moment you might need two tries to name the starting quarterback.
    When did having more than 1 good QB become a problem?

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    When did having more than 1 good QB become a problem?
    The situation has since settled itself.

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

The Big 12 will likely come down to OU & Texas playing each other twice. OU has some interesting issues; on the one hand, 10 starters returning on D with a whole new D staff coming in and 2 straight great D recruiting classes. On the other hand, we must replace 4 O-line starters and a HT winning QB. Hurts coming would be nice but it's not like our QB room will be devoid of talent and our skill positions are literally off the charts. I think Texas will be favored to win the Big 12 but they could be a 2 loss team at the end of the year and win the conference if they beat OU in the championship game. I say this because they play LSU out of conference. OU gets UH at home and UCLA on the road. Of course, either could stumble in conference. I could easily see the Big 12 not making the playoff.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    The Big 12 will likely come down to OU & Texas playing each other twice. OU has some interesting issues; on the one hand, 10 starters returning on D with a whole new D staff coming in and 2 straight great D recruiting classes. On the other hand, we must replace 4 O-line starters and a HT winning QB. Hurts coming would be nice but it's not like our QB room will be devoid of talent and our skill positions are literally off the charts. I think Texas will be favored to win the Big 12 but they could be a 2 loss team at the end of the year and win the conference if they beat OU in the championship game. I say this because they play LSU out of conference. OU gets UH at home and UCLA on the road. Of course, either could stumble in conference. I could easily see the Big 12 not making the playoff.
    Herman has gotten some talent now and more than anything else they needed confidence in themselves. The win over UGA will be that spark IMO. I give them a slight nod but Riley will always give OU a shot especially when the defense gets their situation sorted. Too much talent for them to be that bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Way too early to predict, but will say unless Alabama's defense improves next year they will watch the CFP in Tuscaloosa.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner