Alabama
Clemson
Texas
Ohio State

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
If we make it again, I just hope we are not the #1 seed. That just seems to be a death nail for whoever gets it. Looks like you want to be 2 or 4.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'd say:
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Michigan

The reasons for Oklahoma and Michigan are the fact that Oklahoma can win the Big12 whoever their QB is, they've proven that and Michigan finally beats Ohio State because Urban is gone, Michigan was embarrassed at Columbus and the game is at Ann Arbor next season.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I'd say:
Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Michigan

The reasons for Oklahoma and Michigan are the fact that Oklahoma can win the Big12 whoever their QB is, they've proven that and Michigan finally beats Ohio State because Urban is gone, Michigan was embarrassed at Columbus and the game is at Ann Arbor next season.
I may be crazy but I think Ohio St just got an upgrade at HC.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I may be crazy but I think Ohio St just got an upgrade at HC.
I don't think they will miss a beat at worst, and at best, they are about to actually dominate the Big Ten (IOW, not just win the conference but also not have blow out losses to unranked conference opponents).

Until I see something other than hot air out of Harbaugh, I'm not buying his doing anything more than finishing second.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not buying Ohio State until I see them. I think both Alabama and Clemson make it back and I'm not sure it matters after that.

Seriously, Clemson and Alabama feel so far ahead of everyone else right now I would be shocked if we don't get part 5 next year. Only alternative would be someone like Georgia beating us but I think we have a shot to be even better next year.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
One advantage for us going into next year—we open against a laughable opponent in Duke. We should again coast through Sept/Oct. However, I think the schedule flip could hurt us next year. @TAMU and @barn.

Barring a total meltdown, we should definitely be in contention for a playoff spot.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Alabama
Clemson
Texas (I think they make the jump)
Ohio State/Michigan

Outside looking in: Oregon and Florida

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm not buying Ohio State until I see them. I think both Alabama and Clemson make it back and I'm not sure it matters after that.

Seriously, Clemson and Alabama feel so far ahead of everyone else right now I would be shocked if we don't get part 5 next year. Only alternative would be someone like Georgia beating us but I think we have a shot to be even better next year.
We have a shot to be better, but only if we change some things Clemson exposed to the rest of the world.
I look for lots of teams to copy what Clemson did when they play us.
Most teams don't have the athletes or coaches that Clemson has,
so I don't predict great success for them.
HOWEVER...
The Georgia's, Auburns, TAMU's of this world will be better able to execute the Clemson game plan.

Last edited:

MTGYBama

Sep 12, 2018
Prattville, AL
Clemson
Alabama
OU
Ohio State/Georgia

Figure OSU will drop one along the way with a new staff (long term, I think they will be great). I expect UGA will lose a close one to us (even with all the attrition). Think UGA will get the nod by having the 'best loss'.

Lovthablues

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 18, 2018
Alexandria, Al
Well let's see ... I'm predicting 1. Clemson 2. Texas or Oklahoma 3. Ohio State 4. Who ever comes out as winner of SEC ... probably between Georgia, Florida, A&M, LSU and possibly Bama!

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Of all the teams that made the playoffs this year, I think Clemson has the best chance at returning simply because there is nothing in the ACC that can stop them. A&M will once again be their most difficult game, followed by perhaps Syracuse in the Carrier Dome which is weird place to play.

In the SEC, I think UGA takes a small step backwards and it will be a dog fight in the East between them and Florida. Auburn, LSU and A&M will be difficult outs in the West, but I feel confident we win the West and the SEC and make the playoffs again.

For the other two spots, Notre Dame, Ohio St., Texas, Oklahoma, and Oregon seem like the best options and my prediction is Ohio St. and Texas.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.