Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???

Clemson would have beaten us regardless.

they were simply better all-around..coaching, playing, mentally...everything.

people can say the rivalry is 2-2 in the playoffs, but with the way they destroyed us Monday night I'd say they are clearly the top dog after 4 games.

right now Clemson has every right to claim they are the best team in the nation...with the best coaching staff.

hard to say that, but it's true.

doesn't mean we can't reclaim the throne, but our window of opportunity seems to be much smaller than theirs considering the relative age of our head coaches.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Re: Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    Clemson got to play a creampuff opponent in a climate controlled dome. Had 4 weeks to prepare for us and the liberty to pull out an old game plan like a recycled sermon to beat ND. We had to play an offensive juggernaut that we likely spent 3 weeks preparing for in 80+ degree heat with 80+% humidity. Miller's likely doesn't happen playing in a dome.

Clemson got #1 seeds advantages in the CFP no question plus got to play Pitt or somebody in the ACCCG.

Let's see we played with a less than 100% or out Lewis, Allen, Brown, Diggs, Buggs, William's, Miller, and Tua. 6 starters on defense out or less than 100%. 2 starters in offense out or less than 100% with one critical to our red zone running game.

Too much deficiency when meeting a team that can almost you blow for not to mention all the other breakdowns in coaching and special teams.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    IIRC, since Alabama was the #1 seed we requested the Miami over Dallas because Dallas would have been similar to a home game for OU. In hindsight I think we should've taken the dome and let OU have more fans there to preserve our conditioning for the final..

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    You know, I think the CFP would be wise to assure more parity in venues. I doubt they will, but still.
    I agree, IMO they should reset them:

Dallas/Phoenix
    ATL/NOLA
    Miami/Pasadena

That way when the games are in Miami and Pasadena, all 4 have to detail with the outside elements.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    I agree, IMO they should reset them:

Dallas/Phoenix
    ATL/NOLA
    Miami/Pasadena

That way when the games are in Miami and Pasadena, all 4 have to detail with the outside elements.
    So the fact you played outside 9 days earlier is a reason you lost?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    Honestly, probably not.
    Result of the championship would have been Clemson 44 - Alabama 16