Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Their O line keeping their QB clean was the key difference alon with at least one real bad non called PI which would have kept one of our drives going in the second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Clemson got to play a creampuff opponent in a climate controlled dome. Had 4 weeks to prepare for us and the liberty to pull out an old game plan like a recycled sermon to beat ND. We had to play an offensive juggernaut that we likely spent 3 weeks preparing for in 80+ degree heat with 80+% humidity. Miller's likely doesn't happen playing in a dome.

Clemson got #1 seeds advantages in the CFP no question plus got to play Pitt or somebody in the ACCCG.

Let's see we played with a less than 100% or out Lewis, Allen, Brown, Diggs, Buggs, William's, Miller, and Tua. 6 starters on defense out or less than 100%. 2 starters in offense out or less than 100% with one critical to our red zone running game.

Too much deficiency when meeting a team that can almost you blow for not to mention all the other breakdowns in coaching and special teams.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
If we are doing what ifs. What if we had a time machine and took Coach Saban a copy of the game??? Am I right?? Huh Huh!! Where is Doctor Who when you need him. It may mess up the time space continuum but it would be totally worth it.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Clemson got to play a creampuff opponent in a climate controlled dome. Had 4 weeks to prepare for us and the liberty to pull out an old game plan like a recycled sermon to beat ND. We had to play an offensive juggernaut that we likely spent 3 weeks preparing for in 80+ degree heat with 80+% humidity. Miller's likely doesn't happen playing in a dome.

Clemson got #1 seeds advantages in the CFP no question plus got to play Pitt or somebody in the ACCCG.

Let's see we played with a less than 100% or out Lewis, Allen, Brown, Diggs, Buggs, William's, Miller, and Tua. 6 starters on defense out or less than 100%. 2 starters in offense out or less than 100% with one critical to our red zone running game.

Too much deficiency when meeting a team that can almost you blow for not to mention all the other breakdowns in coaching and special teams.

You know, I think the CFP would be wise to assure more parity in venues. I doubt they will, but still.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
The correct match up occurred last night, just not the outcome I hoped for.
IMO, IF Alabama played ND we win by a minimum of 2 td's even if we played bad. IMO, Clemson would have beaten OK worse than we did. I do not believe Kyler Murray could have scrambled/run on Clemson defense like he did a few times against us in that second half of playoff game. I honestly felt like Clemson beat us at our own style of play in the game last night. They executed and imposed their will against us. Respect for Clemson but we will be back and I hope we get Clemson one more time, same match up -- for the NC. RTR

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
I think Bama would still have lost with the difference coming from Bama being thin on defense and the steady Clemson coaching staff vs. Bama changeover.

I don't have the link but Earle posted one to a Clemson board that had a pretty good pre-game look from a Clemson fan. One item mentioned was that Bama fans would use the ND and OU game match-ups as an excuse if Bama lost...

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Clemson would have beaten us regardless.

they were simply better all-around..coaching, playing, mentally...everything.

people can say the rivalry is 2-2 in the playoffs, but with the way they destroyed us Monday night I'd say they are clearly the top dog after 4 games.

right now Clemson has every right to claim they are the best team in the nation...with the best coaching staff.

hard to say that, but it's true.

doesn't mean we can't reclaim the throne, but our window of opportunity seems to be much smaller than theirs considering the relative age of our head coaches.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

IIRC, since Alabama was the #1 seed we requested the Miami over Dallas because Dallas would have been similar to a home game for OU. In hindsight I think we should've taken the dome and let OU have more fans there to preserve our conditioning for the final..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
You know, I think the CFP would be wise to assure more parity in venues. I doubt they will, but still.
I agree, IMO they should reset them:

Dallas/Phoenix
ATL/NOLA
Miami/Pasadena

That way when the games are in Miami and Pasadena, all 4 have to detail with the outside elements.

TigerTown

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 18, 2017
I agree, IMO they should reset them:

Dallas/Phoenix
ATL/NOLA
Miami/Pasadena

That way when the games are in Miami and Pasadena, all 4 have to detail with the outside elements.
So the fact you played outside 9 days earlier is a reason you lost?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.