Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???

Anybody think it would have changed anything?

Discuss...

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Re: Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

Discuss...
    Possibly different. Alabama would have had a huge blowout win over Notre Dame. Clemson and Okalhoma would have been a shootout and maybe clemson would have had to actually prepare for their first opponent.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American

Re: Just for Fun: What If It Would Have Been Bama vs. ND and Clemson vs. Oklahoma???

Honestly, probably not.

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Possibly had their defense a little gassed. They wouldve had to play a team and not the media darling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Clemson vs. OU would have been fascinating.

Think Murray might could have hurt them with his legs when Tua couldn't as much (and really didn't try). Don't know if it would have been enough but I don't know if Clemson could have stayed with a 4 man rush with Murray. Just speculation...

BamaNation Second Team

Discuss...
    Same results... our dl would have crushed the Heisman winner and our offense wouldn't have even broken a sweat.

BamaNation All-American PA Tide Fan's Avatar

It still would have been an Alabama- Clemson final. I think our game with Clemson would have been more competitive because we could have spent some extra time preparing for them. We might not have won anyway but the game would have been closer.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Discuss...
    No change. They had a great plan and outplayed us.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    No change. They had a great plan and outplayed us.
    Well, unless Alabama doesn't have any injuries then that could have changed things of course...
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Third Team

Clemson would have crushed OU just as bad. OU has one of the worst defenses and their passing defense is dead last so I would expect our offense to drag OU up and down the field at will.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I don't see how Christian Miller makes a HUGE difference in this game as in closing a 28 point gap. They burned us when we blitzed on 3rd and long and burned us we only standard rushed on 3rd and long. We got killed on 3rd down to the tune of 10 for 14 and most of them were yardage situations where a quality unit gets them off the field.

It would be fair to point out how young our back seven was this year but we've had similar games where it seems like nothing we do on 3rd and long defense works with veteran DBs like Auburn last year. I've mused for several years now that it feels like the good offenses don't even bother working on anything other than 3rd and long passing offense against us. We've been outschemed in situations where we should be at the complete advantage to get a stop. Our blitzes get picked up. Our standard rush line play gets stoned. And crossers come wide open. Probably time for Saban to reevaluate his whole philosophy on 3rd and long defense. It has been a centerpiece of nearly any scare or loss we've had for the last 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I don't see how Christian Miller makes a HUGE difference in this game as in closing a 28 point gap.
    Come on, that 28 point thing is pure hyperbole. Alabama wasn't trailing by that much for most of the game and they darn sure wouldn't have if they'd done a better job pressuring the quarterback. A closer game and Alabama probably kicks another field goal or two as well, so just no way on earth that 28 point difference holds if Alabama does a few things better.

This was not a 28 point blowout on anything but the box score. I'm not saying Miller helps Alabama win the game, but I am saying it would be closer, if nothing else just to have more depth but certainly a more effective pass rush as well.

Yes, they kicked Alabama's butts, but Alabama won time of possession and for much of the game Alabama had more yards as well. The fact that Alabama got 0 sacks means something to though, and Miller could have made a difference there. That doesn't mean Alabama wins, but it took a lot to go wrong for Clemson to win by 28 and 0 sacks was absolutely one of the major factors.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; January 8th, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Well the 28 point deficit is reality because we gave up two touchdowns off turnovers, failed to score two touchdowns in goal to go short yardage, and had two more turnovers on downs near or inside the red zone because our defense was getting torched so we had to chase points rather than kick a field goal (which does not even begin to be a gimme at any range with this kicking battery).