News Article: Nick Saban needs to evaluate staff after bad play-calling dooms Tide in blowout loss - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC

Re: Nick Saban needs to evaluate staff after bad play-calling dooms Tide in blowout l

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    And Bama could easily be 3-1 if not for an uncalled illegal pick play.
    Actually two uncalled illegal pick plays that game.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Nick Saban needs to evaluate staff after bad play-calling dooms Tide in blowout l

i wasn't about to say it on the predictions thread and get run out of town as an "Eeyore" but i thought we were going to lose, but not like that.

i expected a close, heart-breaker like 2016...not getting beat like a rented mule.

monday night was an unthinkable disaster all the way around.

Clemson has earned the right to chest thump and claim to be the baddest bully around.

it's up to us to try and take that mantle back...and the window is probably closing fairly fast.

BamaNation All-SEC

As much as I think he need continuity on the coaching staff, I would not be totally surprised to see another year like the last where there are a pretty high number of changes in our assistants. I say this without any knowledge one way or the other about what Coach Saban thinks or does. Just a gut feeling that the performance of some of our coaches was not up to his usual high standard. I hate to say it, but I think both Lupoi and Golding might be better suited elsewhere. And I really wanted to like them both, especially Golding.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    i wasn't about to say it on the predictions thread and get run out of town as an "Eeyore" but i thought we were going to lose, but not like that.

i expected a close, heart-breaker like 2016...not getting beat like a rented mule.

Clemson has earned the right to chest thump and claim to be the baddest bully around.

it's up to us to try and take that mantle back...and the window is probably closing fairly fast.
    I predicted a very close win (32-31) in that thread based on numbers I run in my spreadsheet. But my model actually showed Clemson winning by several of the methods I use to make my prediction. I normally just go with the average of all of the models to make my guess, but in this case, I had to pick and choose which ones to use because using them all would have had me picking Clemson. I deleted any method that gave Clemson as the winner and only used the others. No way I would post in a prediction thread that Alabama would lose, but I would also never advise a friend to bet on a game where the model gave those results. No model, of course, could have possibly predicted just how lopsided the score would be, though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

I'm not sure If I should post this considering that it is classified a rumor.... I see some chatters that there could be some changes coming on the staff.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Post what?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I'm not sure If I should post this considering that it is classified a rumor.... I see some chatters that there could be some changes coming on the staff.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ols View Post
    Post what?
    It's a link to twitter account, but I decided not to... I feel this is a rumor, that can't be confirmed... I just want to wait and see what happens.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    It's a link to twitter account, but I decided not to... I feel this is a rumor, that can't be confirmed... I just want to wait and see what happens.
    See anything about possible replacements? Good or bad? Not asking you to post it since itís possible rumor

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RedWave View Post
    I predicted a very close win (32-31) in that thread based on numbers I run in my spreadsheet. But my model actually showed Clemson winning by several of the methods I use to make my prediction. I normally just go with the average of all of the models to make my guess, but in this case, I had to pick and choose which ones to use because using them all would have had me picking Clemson. I deleted any method that gave Clemson as the winner and only used the others. No way I would post in a prediction thread that Alabama would lose, but I would also never advise a friend to bet on a game where the model gave those results. No model, of course, could have possibly predicted just how lopsided the score would be, though.
    i won't speak for him, but after reading Jess' preview I got the feeling he also saw a loss coming but just couldn't put that in writing.

it is what it is.

hats off to Clemson...and back to the rock pile for Bama.

So again, we're gonna be replacing oc and dc (prob)...along with oline coach? Is it any wonder we can't put together back to back championships?

BamaNation All-SEC

I think what the past 4 years have shown is that it is a lot easier to motivate a group of young men from a point of failure than from a point of success. After losing 1st game to Bama, Clemson became obsessed to come back & beat them. Bama was playing to just do what they did the year before - not the same thing. The following year the rolls were reversed and Bama pounded Clemson. Even though the score did not reflect it, that game was no closer than this year's game in terms of Clemson ever being in it. If Bama doesn't fumble and give them a free FG to start 2nd half and if Hurts doesn't miss an easy TD, Bama wins 31-3. Bama players were hell bent on avenging the previous year's loss. This year, Clemson had that approach all season. They had NFL players turn down big $$ to come back and beat Bama. The really did just want it more this year IMO.

Next year Clemson loses its entire starting defensive line plus its top DL sub, its best LB, its best 2 offensive linemen, its starting TE, its FG kicker, and Hunter Renfrow. They have some great offensive talent and an equally easy schedule so they have a good shot at being back in cfp, but it will not be the same team as this year and it will likely not have the same fire in its belly.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

i won't speak for him, but after reading Jess' preview I got the feeling he also saw a loss coming but just couldn't put that in writing.

it is what it is.

hats off to Clemson...and back to the rock pile for Bama.
    Back before CNS, he picked against Bama plenty of times based on his method of evaluation. He gave us the QB and special teams IIRC and both of them went to Clemson in this game. He was wrong on some of it and that's the nature of predicting the future.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

That is why I stay out of game threads and game prediction threads. It shouldn't be that way, any long standing member who posts respectfully that he or she believes Alabama will not win should be able to post that without knowing he/she will be mocked or called an Eyesore. I respect every poster's opinion whether I like it or not. BTW I thought Alabama was going to lose to Clemson, but not get curb stomped.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner