News Article: Nick Saban needs to evaluate staff after bad play-calling dooms Tide in blowout loss - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Re: Nick Saban needs to evaluate staff after bad play-calling dooms Tide in blowout l

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    Are we seeing the house cleaning associates with staff evaluation? Did we get to cutesy on the go alone, and Nick is encouraging changes? When will the defensive changes occur!
    Be patient. You can call it house cleaning... monday night exposed lot of things.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Re: Nick Saban needs to evaluate staff after bad play-calling dooms Tide in blowout l

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Be patient. You can call it house cleaning... monday night exposed lot of things.

I don’t know, it’s auto correct + opioids = garbage sometimes. I have to edit a lot , after reading things I post!
    Last edited by bamaga; January 10th, 2019 at 05:39 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

I see There is a report that Kirby offered the OC from Kentucky , Eddie Gran. I am a little surprised by this, I actually thought they would go for a more pass oriented OC. They might as well kept Chaney, seemingly the same l
    to 16 and beyond........

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post

With most of the remaining prospects on the defensive side of the ball, I guess defensive coaching changes will be after signing day!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

I see There is a report that Kirby offered the OC from Kentucky , Eddie Gran. I am a little surprised by this, I actually thought they would go for a more pass oriented OC. They might as well kept Chaney, seemingly the same l
    I am not surprised they did not go for a more pass oriented OC. With Fromm, their RB's and their big OL they are set-up to pound the ball with play action. It is old school but if you have these type players it can work against almost everybody, especially with everybody else seemingly going fast and passing more.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

With most of the remaining prospects on the defensive side of the ball, I guess defensive coaching changes will be after signing day!
    Possibly but I would think we will be forthcoming with the guys we have left. I know it is done at some places (and maybe even Bama) but not sure it is the right thing to do with the high profile guys we have left on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJack View Post
    Possibly but I would think we will be forthcoming with the guys we have left. I know it is done at some places (and maybe even Bama) but not sure it is the right thing to do with the high profile guys we have left on the board.

Yes, but I’m thinking that that’s where we have the relationships, With the defensive coaches. Not always, but usually. I’m sure Nick is up front, because I’m sure parents have asked. He is probably telling them to commit to the university, not to a coach! And assuring them they will have the best coaching possible.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    How many more will follow? Gattis leaves Bama for same position at Michigan.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...gan-wolverines

Heís going from position coach to OC. He was one of the few coaches on the staff that I thought performed well. But it is a promotion so I guess itís understandable.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; January 11th, 2019 at 09:36 AM.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    He’s going from position coach to OC. He was one of the few coaches on the staff that I thought performed well. But it is a promotion so I guess it’s understandable.
    Thanks, I originally misread the title AND the opening paragraph. I'm applying for a paralegal job today. LOL!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

apparently, eddie gran nipped that in the bud.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

https://apple.news/AC3NC4tD1RdSkEec3c8S3Cg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    https://apple.news/AC3NC4tD1RdSkEec3c8S3Cg

Didn't see that one coming.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

The job of evaluating this past years staff appears to be getting easier every day.