How has Clemson kept hold of their staff?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
They may struggle in the playoffs. But I'm not sure any of the other ACC teams are getting that much better and Clemson will have that much drop off for them to truly "struggle" in the regular season. Fla St appears to be a dumpster fire that Taggart is unable to turn around. Miami is starting over, again. Who else in the ACC showed any sort of upward trajectory to even make Clemson keep their starters in after the 3rd quarter?
Someone from the ACC gives them a game every year. They beat Syracuse by 4 points this past year primarily due to a 4th down completion from their 3rd string QB. Yes, on paper they should route everybody but we all know it doesn't work that way. We've seen this time and time again with Ohio St., FSU and even Alabama. Every team in the ACC will gameplan for Clemson and Trevor Lawrence all off season. I bet they slip up somewhere..

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Someone from the ACC gives them a game every year. They beat Syracuse by 4 points this past year primarily due to a 4th down completion from their 3rd string QB. Yes, on paper they should route everybody but we all know it doesn't work that way. We've seen this time and time again with Ohio St., FSU and even Alabama. Every team in the ACC will gameplan for Clemson and Trevor Lawrence all off season. I bet they slip up somewhere..
Agree on each year someone comes out of nowhere and gives them a game. But in most of those cases it was due to their starting quarterback going down or they hit a rash of injuries so bad that backup wr's were playing safety and corner. I guess what I'm saying is, that they don't have anyone who truly can challenge them unless something like a QB injury occurs or they have multiple injuries at the same time in key positions. There's no one in their conference who can make them struggle "straight up".

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Agree on each year someone comes out of nowhere and gives them a game. But in most of those cases it was due to their starting quarterback going down or they hit a rash of injuries so bad that backup wr's were playing safety and corner. I guess what I'm saying is, that they don't have anyone who truly can challenge them unless something like a QB injury occurs or they have multiple injuries. There's no one in their conference who can make them struggle "straight up".
Also Trevor has lot of game tape on him... we'll see how good he is at adjusting.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Also Trevor has lot of game tape on him... we'll see how good he is at adjusting.
I'm interested to see how he performs against aTm with the game tape now available on him. But as for the rest of the teams they play. I'm not sure film is going to matter much. Here's their 2019 schedule. You are going to have to really jump some mental hurdles to legitimately find anyone on that schedule, outside of two, MAYBE three games, who will even make them break a sweat.

https://fbschedules.com/clemson-football-schedule/

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm interested to see how he performs against aTm with the game tape now available on him. But as for the rest of the teams they play. I'm not sure film is going to matter much. Here's their 2019 schedule. You are going to have to really jump some mental hurdles to legitimately find anyone on that schedule, outside of two, MAYBE three games, who will even make them break a sweat.

https://fbschedules.com/clemson-football-schedule/
This is just me.... I feel like every year we underestimate the teams... we think they're not going to succeed but they do.

Georgia Tech may not be ready for another year or two... before they start winning games. They are changing their offense and I wonder if They can make it a game against Clemson. Unlikely, but who know?

TAMU- it's a early game.. this game will not decide their playoff spot, but It's a good early measure of seeing where they are against TAMU, espeically how good they are. This is the game to watch.
Syracuse , FSU, Louisville, BC, NC State and Wake Forest, you never know. There is always upset brewing in ACC.

South Carolina game and then ACC championship. I still think There is potentially 2-3 losses on the schedule, but I think we'll see 1-2 losses this year.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
This is just me.... I feel like every year we underestimate the teams... we think they're not going to succeed but they do.

Georgia Tech may not be ready for another year or two... before they start winning games. They are changing their offense and I wonder if They can make it a game against Clemson. Unlikely, but who know?

TAMU- it's a early game.. this game will not decide their playoff spot, but It's a good early measure of seeing where they are against TAMU, espeically how good they are. This is the game to watch.
Syracuse , FSU, Louisville, BC, NC State and Wake Forest, you never know. There is always upset brewing in ACC.

South Carolina game and then ACC championship. I still think There is potentially 2-3 losses on the schedule, but I think we'll see 1-2 losses this year.
With the exception of last year, they usually manage to drop a game that they are not supposed to(Pitt, Syracuse come to mind)

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

That's why Coach Saban goes off on the media like he does at times, we're so good, it's human nature to become complacent from playing your best football..That's a recipe for disaster when you play a really good & well coached team like Clemson..

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Clemson can probably afford one loss on the season's schedule and still play in their conference championship game and make it to the playoff. A regular season loss would not be a big deal for Clemson if they end up playing another 7-6 team in their conference championship.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.