Overthinking Tua’s Desire To be in Tuscaloosa ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Consider this CG hangover. But the last couple of weeks Tua seemed to be different. Less having “fun”. More serious during interviews. When discussing his reason for coming to Bama he replied paraphrasing - you have to ask my Dad. It was his decision.

Am I overthinking this? Is he passive-aggressively telling the world he really didn’t want to come here?

I’m working on 4 hours of sleep. But I’m concerned.

Maxbama

1st Team
Oct 16, 2012
Crossville, TN
Absolutely overthinking it. Tua is upset as is the rest of the team. We live and die by our team - but that is nothing compared to what they endure with off season training and then the grinding football season. I appreciate what we have and offer my sincere congratulations and support to our great football program. Roll Tide!

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
Consider this CG hangover. But the last couple of weeks Tua seemed to be different. Less having “fun”. More serious during interviews. When discussing his reason for coming to Bama he replied paraphrasing - you have to ask my Dad. It was his decision.

Am I overthinking this? Is he passive-aggressively telling the world he really didn’t want to come here?

I am with you ... I felt the same ... especially articulating some of those things in interviews when there was no need to

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Y’all know me. I’m not trolling. And I am not one to overreact. But I noticed something in his behavior after the knee injury. And it seemed to gradually get more distant. Taulia hasn’t acted overly excited either.

Something doesn’t feel right

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

If I had unperformed and been embarrassed in front an audience of millions, I'd be acting in a completely normal fashion.

The guy had a bad night. He is 20 years old. Cut him a bit of slack.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Y’all know me. I’m not trolling. And I am not one to overreact. But I noticed something in his behavior after the knee injury. And it seemed to gradually get more distant. Taulia hasn’t acted overly excited either.

You forgot to take take your Metamucil again, didn't you?

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Didn't you have a post and theory about the level of Jalen's dedication to the team shortly before the Georgia game? Maybe I'm mixing you up with somebody else.

If I had unperformed and been embarrassed in front an audience of millions, I'd be acting in a completely normal fashion.

The guy had a bad night. He is 20 years old. Cut him a bit of slack.
I'm with Tidewater. He 20 years old and had a bad night. Cut him some slack.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

In all seriousness, I can understand what you're saying, I think its just how he reacts to adversity ... not saying its good or bad ... just think he processes things internally but it shows externally. Just my opinion. I'm sure he'll be ok though. I've been wrong before, but again, im sure everythings ok.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Never questioning his performance. I think he’s trying his backside off. Love his game. I think he will always do his best.

Never ever questioning that

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Last night was the result of the fact that Dabo and company have looked to Bama as their obstacle to greatness and they’ve thought about us every day for nearly half a decade.

They know us better than anyone else and possibly better than ourselves in some ways considering turnover here and lack of the same there...seniors and long-tenured staff at Clemson were everywhere last night.

They curbed stomped us and now we are looking up at them.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Well, last year he finished the season on top of the world. He didn't have to play most of the year, so he stayed healthy. Rarely got hit. This year, he was the main guy, but he got beat up from the middle of season on. A Heisman season went down the drain when he struggled against Georgia (after taking yet another beating), and then his game went like it did last night. I'd imagine the emotions after last year compared to this year could not be more stark in contrast.

But he is young. He will bounce back from this and be better than ever.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Well, last year he finished the season on top of the world. He didn't have to play most of the year, so he stayed healthy. Rarely got hit. This year, he was the main guy, but he got beat up from the middle of season on. A Heisman season went down the drain when he struggled against Georgia (after taking yet another beating), and then his game went like it did last night. I'd imagine the emotions after last year compared to this year could not be more stark in contrast.

But he is young. He will bounce back from this and be better than ever.
He looked great against OU.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
The path to greatness isn't always smooth. Lawrence is likely to find that out as well at some point. Tua didn't get to this point without being a competitor, and I think he'll work to learn from this and come back better for it. He probably needs to tweak how fast he makes his reads, but the kid still has it. I would bet there is some fatigue from being the hunted, as well. I'm not concerned about his state of mind.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
The guy has a strong family and a strong faith in God........this is a bump in the road that stalled him temporarily. I’d give the guy some time to shake it off, spend time with the family and his teammates........ he will be ok, and I think his brother wanted to be here as well as Tua........sure, dads wishes weighed heavy on their choice, but that is a factor of their culture...... he will be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.