Trevor Lawrence had flaws - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 41
  1. #27
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    81
    Thread Starter

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by TideFan in AU View Post
    He is very good and may end up being great, but I didn’t walk away with the feeling of “OMG we can’t beat this guy for 2 more years!” After rewatching the game, we were just off for some reason, and they were on fire. I truly think the team felt like a lot of fans in that after beating UGA and OU they were on the downhill slope. The few times we got pressure, Lawrence was very inaccurate.

    In fact, he is no where on Tua’s level of accuracy.
    I was more impressed with what Watson did in both the championshp games.

    Looked like Lawrence had only limited pass routes he was completing over and over again

  2. #28
    BamaNation First Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Conway, SC
    Posts
    512

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Justyn Ross made him look good. His accuracy was not good. But we failed to bring the pressure to force turnovers. Our DB's struggled to cover their receivers. Ross made circus catch after circus catch. It was extremely frustrating watching them complete 3rd and 15 over and over again. ROLL TIDE
    RTR! GO CCU!

  3. #29
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,763

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by allybama2009 View Post
    Justyn Ross made him look good. His accuracy was not good. But we failed to bring the pressure to force turnovers. Our DB's struggled to cover their receivers. Ross made circus catch after circus catch. It was extremely frustrating watching them complete 3rd and 15 over and over again. ROLL TIDE
    His accuracy was inconsistent. But he made some really nice throws. Kid is good and only going to get better.

  4. #30
    BamaNation All-SEC Saban4Ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Cobb County GA
    Posts
    1,218

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by allybama2009 View Post
    Justyn Ross made him look good. His accuracy was not good. But we failed to bring the pressure to force turnovers. Our DB's struggled to cover their receivers. Ross made circus catch after circus catch. It was extremely frustrating watching them complete 3rd and 15 over and over again. ROLL TIDE
    I agree. I don't think Trevor Lawrence will ever get pressured next year unless it's in the playoffs. Hope BAMA's defense improves next year. I love our receivers and would not trade them for anyone, but it would be nice to recruit some big, tall, physical receivers to add to the group.

    Bama has rarely had that type and has also had issues defending those guys over the years. Is there another Julio out there we can get next year? I thought Tyrell Shavers was big, but he did not get much play time.

  5. #31
    BamaNation Second Team
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    81
    Thread Starter

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by Saban4Ever View Post
    I agree. I don't think Trevor Lawrence will ever get pressured next year unless it's in the playoffs. Hope BAMA's defense improves next year. I love our receivers and would not trade them for anyone, but it would be nice to recruit some big, tall, physical receivers to add to the group.

    Bama has rarely had that type and has also had issues defending those guys over the years. Is there another Julio out there we can get next year? I thought Tyrell Shavers was big, but he did not get much play time.
    I cant remember any receiver after DJHall who would climb and pluck the ball in air.
    Even Julio developed those skills in Pro.

  6. #32

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    His accuracy was inconsistent. But he made some really nice throws. Kid is good and only going to get better.
    He's gonna be a beast.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

  7. #33
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,912

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by allybama2009 View Post
    Justyn Ross made him look good. His accuracy was not good. But we failed to bring the pressure to force turnovers. Our DB's struggled to cover their receivers. Ross made circus catch after circus catch. It was extremely frustrating watching them complete 3rd and 15 over and over again. ROLL TIDE
    Speaking of Justyn Ross, I'm sure he's a great kid and all. But the smirk he kept having on his face every time the camera showed him after a big catch. Synced up with Herbstreit saying he "dissed" Alabama for Clemson. Made me sick. I want us to have a shot at him next season so our CB's can shut him down.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  8. #34
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Auburn/near a cow pasture
    Posts
    3,982

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    one thing he has that makes him a great pro prospect is that height. where that ball is coming out allows him to make some impressive throws a shorter QB wouldnt be able to make..doesnt have great accuracy but it's still good. I came away more impressed than going in

  9. #35
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,912

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    His accuracy was inconsistent. But he made some really nice throws. Kid is good and only going to get better.
    Let's remember just a year ago after Tua unplugged the jukebox and shot the lights out in Georgia. Everyone thought his trajectory of progression was nothing but up. There's still a lot of smart defensive minds out there who watch film and have egos the size of Texas. They will find weaknesses and someone will exploit them. Tua is a great example. The kid looked unstoppable then all of a sudden his success was getting harder and harder to come by. Lawrence is going to be a great college quarterback. But he will have dips and moments of regression (just as Tua did in 2018). No one has ever mastered the game. I don't expect Lawrence to be the first.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  10. #36
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arab, AL
    Posts
    17,264

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Speaking of Justyn Ross, I'm sure he's a great kid and all. But the smirk he kept having on his face every time the camera showed him after a big catch. Synced up with Herbstreit saying he "dissed" Alabama for Clemson. Made me sick. I want us to have a shot at him next season so our CB's can shut him down.
    Fortunately I never heard any of that. I watched the first half at my parents, and then listened to the 3rd quarter on the radio while driving home. I did not watch much of the 4th. Herbstriet has just lost something over the years, especially after he started doing color analysis.

    I don't follow recruiting enough to know anything about why Ross went to Clemson, but I would assume it was simply because he liked it better there. That's not so offensive, is it? So why the need to pile on and say he dissed Alabama? It's just juvenile.

  11. #37
    BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    21,043

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    I'll be honest - I don't know how good he is. I know that he can make great passes when he has time, but most QBs can. I know that hie QB rating this year was top 15 but top 15 barely gets drafted. Here's what I don't know - how well does he play when he is being pressured? Alabama did not pressure him in this game. Your pass rush was a joke and it still ...... me off to think about it. He had 5 yards of green grass around him when he threw on 3rd down.

    He might be great. He certainly looked great on Monday. But you guys looked like the Sooners on 3rd down defense on Monday.

  12. #38
    FB Moderator Bamabuzzard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football
    Posts
    23,912

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I'll be honest - I don't know how good he is. I know that he can make great passes when he has time, but most QBs can. I know that hie QB rating this year was top 15 but top 15 barely gets drafted. Here's what I don't know - how well does he play when he is being pressured? Alabama did not pressure him in this game. Your pass rush was a joke and it still ...... me off to think about it. He had 5 yards of green grass around him when he threw on 3rd down.

    He might be great. He certainly looked great on Monday. But you guys looked like the Sooners on 3rd down defense on Monday.
    I wish I could get mad at this statement. But I can't, because it's true. Sickening to look back and see how sloppy we played, unprepared we looked and just to think Alabama got "Alabama'd" by an ACC team. Shameful.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

    "It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

    "If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

  13. #39
    BamaNation All-American
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,763

    Re: Trevor Lawrence had flaws

    I don't think anyone is claiming he is Petyon Manning already. For example, Tua has better accuracy than Lawrence.

    However, there is no denying Lawrences arm strength and accuracy on certain throws. IIRC (not watching the game again to find out) he was most accurate over the middle. He had one TD pass that was a thing a beauty to Tee Higgins I think. He is also pretty athletic for how big he is.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

TideFansStore.com Bama Gear

Alabama Crimson Tide gear at Fanatics.com