Trevor Lawrence had flaws

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
TL had flaws .. he was not accurate throwing in flat.

Our coaches did not scout him and play accordingly.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Our secondary had more flaws. He has a canon and they lost skilled guys too often and a few other times they just made catches that nobody could defend anyway because they're freaks.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So you're saying we should have had a defensive scheme plan to force him to throw in the flat?

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
He had flaws. But most importantly, I don't feel he was the difference. We couldn't pressure him. But we sure couldn't cover his receivers. He was throwing to wide open spaces

rtr90

1st Team
Dec 7, 2018
We fed him .. allowing him to make throws he is comfortable with .. we should have taken those out

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
There are a lot of big diamonds with flaws, but I wouldn't mind having one.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Overhyped performance.

We failed to do our job. Two long plays and some inaccurate passes that his receivers made up for.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Every QB has flaws but the good ones can overcome those and become great. He missed some throws where his receivers made good plays but that is part of the game. However, he threw a lot dimes too.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
So you're saying we should have had a defensive scheme plan to force him to throw in the flat?
We should have had a Defense plan to penetrate the Clemson OL.
Lawrence had all day to make some of his better passes.
On our part... Tua had to run for his life. Our OL played poorly.
Didn't hold blocks ect...

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
He is very good and may end up being great, but I didn’t walk away with the feeling of “OMG we can’t beat this guy for 2 more years!” After rewatching the game, we were just off for some reason, and they were on fire. I truly think the team felt like a lot of fans in that after beating UGA and OU they were on the downhill slope. The few times we got pressure, Lawrence was very inaccurate.

In fact, he is no where on Tua’s level of accuracy.

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
Bama just had a bad game. The breaks went Clempsons way, and they were prepared. Tua got rattled, and made some bad decisions, but I would take Tua over Trevor Lawrence. Once Tua learns to take what is given to him, and not press too much, he will be a great QB.
I will say that TL had our number Monday night. We should reverse the game next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.