Jim Chaney leaves Georgia for UT

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think that may of been a mutual parting of company. I know it will at least make Dawg fans happy.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Interesting ... I think they already know who they want ... just a hunch

All the big boys are playing chess, not sure how this hire helps UT tho

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Interesting ... I think they already know who they want ... just a hunch

All the big boys are playing chess, not sure how this hire helps UT tho
And here Vols fans were talking about what a great fit Sarkisian would be at UT......... The vols will now proclaim themselves preseason SEC champs

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Not particular impressed with Chaney. He'll get 'em competent maybe but they're gonna sour on his playcalling in big moments.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I think that may of been a mutual parting of company. I know it will at least make Dawg fans happy.
After the way Kirby went apoplectic on Chaney this year in the Florida, Missouri and Bama games this was a foregone conclusion. That and naming Coley Co-OC to prevent him from becoming the OC at A&M.

I'm hearing swirl about Lupoi going to Georgia as DC. Are you guys hearing any of those rumors?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
After the way Kirby went apoplectic on Chaney this year in the Florida, Missouri and Bama games this was a foregone conclusion. That and naming Coley Co-OC to prevent him from becoming the OC at A&M.

I'm hearing swirl about Lupoi going to Georgia as DC. Are you guys hearing any of those rumors?
I haven’t heard any of that....... only thing I have heard is him possibly leaving to go back out West

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I have never understood how Chaney kept getting OC jobs, he is underwhelming in my opinion. Clemson has co-OCs, Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott, Kirby may go after one of them after Clemson's offensive show Monday night.

Last edited:

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I have never understood how Chaney kept getting OC jobs, he is underwhelming in my opinion. Clemson has co-OCs, Tony Elliot and Jeff Scott, Kirby may go after one of them after Clemson's offensive show Monday night.
If Enos doesn’t get promoted( I thought he already had), Bama night
want to look that way as well

Last edited:

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Interesting thought regarding Elliot and or Scott. However, I honestly believe our new OC will be James Coley. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Jimbo liked him and Smart promoted him. I guess we'll see in time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.