Jim Chaney leaves Georgia for UT

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Like it or not, it is a good hire for Tennessee. They need some kind of stability on offense. Considering what they were doing, this is the right move. baby steps.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
Sorry, but I have never heard of James Coley. Whaat's his background?
He was OC at Miami for a couple of years. Mixed results, honestly. Last year Jimbo Fisher offered him the OC job at A&M. Kirby upped his salary, made him Co-OC and QB coach. All that leads me to believe Kirby was heading towards Coley for quite some time. However, we'll see what happens.

BTW, more buzz around Lupoi going to Georgia. This rumor is gaining momentum.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He was OC at Miami for a couple of years. Mixed results, honestly. Last year Jimbo Fisher offered him the OC job at A&M. Kirby upped his salary, made him Co-OC and QB coach. All that leads me to believe Kirby was heading towards Coley for quite some time. However, we'll see what happens.

BTW, more buzz around Lupoi going to Georgia. This rumor is gaining momentum.
It would not bother me if he did. I have not been listening to sports radio the last 2 days, too much gloating going on.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Chaney is an enigma to me - the guy has a history of wide-open offenses, but has been really focused on a more tradition (pro set) offense for the last few years, it seems. Seems like a regression.

I certainly don't fear this hire.

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Chaney is an enigma to me - the guy has a history of wide-open offenses, but has been really focused on a more tradition (pro set) offense for the last few years, it seems. Seems like a regression.

I certainly don't fear this hire.
I suspect Kirby holds tight reins on how wide open an offense he is willing to tolerate. Similar to CNS until this year. Could have some impact on his willingness to move to 10erc.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Doubtful, I think most UGA fans pull for SEC teams in Bowl games. Moreover, a Clemson win negatively impacts Georgia recruiting, because we compete for more of the same players than we do with Bama.
I 'm not certain about Dawg fans in other places but around my area here in Columbus Georgia the Dawg fans are as bad or worse right now then the Aubbies about gloating. In fact it is getting me almost to the point where I am getting ready to put them in the same boat with how I feel about Auburn and Tennessee and trust me I absolutely despise both. I have always had some respect towards the Dawgs but the fans around here the last couple of years are making me really start to dislike the Dawgs.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Probably a decent hire for JP.

He's going to try to make UT a tough offensive and defensive team. Considering where they've been, it make sense.

It remains to be seen, but I think he's moving their program in the right direction.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I 'm not certain about Dawg fans in other places but around my area here in Columbus Georgia the Dawg fans are as bad or worse right now then the Aubbies about gloating. In fact it is getting me almost to the point where I am getting ready to put them in the same boat with how I feel about Auburn and Tennessee and trust me I absolutely despise both. I have always had some respect towards the Dawgs but the fans around here the last couple of years are making me really start to dislike the Dawgs.
Well I don't know what they're gloating about, because 2018 was only mildly successful in my book. Closing out the season with two straight losses and a horrendous Sugar Bowl performance doesn't give one much to gloat about. I'll have that Sugar Bowl stank in my mouth for a very long time - September I'm thinking!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.