Kliff Kingsbury, the new Lane Kiffin. Failing Upward? (Hired by Arizona Cardinals) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Kliff Kingsbury, the new Lane Kiffin. Failing Upward? (Hired by Arizona Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He’s not asking for references to media outlets saying it. He’s asking why you believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that was what I was getting at. Clay Travis started applying the term to Kiffin once he left in the middle of the night at Tennessee, and folks started to pile on once Kiffin became a villain and went to Alabama after being fired by USC. I'm not really saying that it is a correct distinction or an incorrect one, more that its an odd distinction of how its been mostly applied. Like I said it is usually applied to coaches that get premier jobs after failing miserably at lower jobs. I just never have seen Kiffin fitting that distinction. I was more asking for the OP to state why he believed it instead of it being a copy of Clay Travis's rant from 2009 on.
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

Re: Kliff Kingsbury, the new Lane Kiffin. Failing Upward? (Hired by Arizona Cardinals

It was a question , thus the question mark? I never said it was my opinion. My assertion was it was a nationally used term , which I more than proved. I don’t think it was a Clay Travis coined term either and this is a quote from your original post
    Most people who use it are more referring to him going to the Raiders with no HC experience and getting the Alabama OC job after being fired from USC.
    So that would be pre UT days , by your own admission. This has gotten to the absurd, my original and only opinion is that this is a known phrase , read through all my posts, I never once offered my opinion of Lane Kiffin, this thread is about Kliff Kingsbury. I asked the question will Kliff Kingsbury be known as the new Lane Kiffin by talking heads. There was no position to defend, you never had a different opinion of Lane Kiffin because I never gave an opinion of Lane. regardless of where or when it started. Goodbye to this thread! For good
    Last edited by bamaga; January 9th, 2019 at 11:35 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    It was a question , thus the question mark? I never said it was my opinion. My assertion was it was a nationally used term , which I more than proved. I don’t think it was a Clay Travis coined term either and this is a quote from your original post

So that would be pre UT days , by your own admission. This has gotten to the absurd, my original and only opinion is that this is known , regardless of where or when it started. Goodbye to this thread! For good
    This has gotten absurd because you, but if you can’t take someone with a different opinion then that’s fine. To each their own, but a simple “IMO” or a “ agree to disagree” would’ve worked a whole lot better than running to hills with condescending remarks. IMO. This topic isn’t that deep to get bent out of shape with.

But anyways good night
    Last edited by 81usaf92; January 9th, 2019 at 09:52 PM.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1083205578724438016

And who has the first overall pick in the NFL Draft?

(Highly unlikely since they took Josh Rosen in the first round last year, but still funny.)

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1083205578724438016

And who has the first overall pick in the NFL Draft?

(Highly unlikely since they took Josh Rosen in the first round last year, but still funny.)

Maybe that is why they hired him. Nothing else about that hire makes a lick of sense.

Rosen can easily be traded away, to another perennial loser. Do the Jets need a QB? Or the Bills? I bet the Dolphins need one. (Don't know.....................maybe I should ask Gray what is the status of the other 31 NFL teams.)
    Last edited by cuda.1973; January 10th, 2019 at 12:04 PM.
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"