20 Years of TideFans.com - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: 20 Years of TideFans.com

Brett, you thanked the members, the Mods and Admins, but you failed to thank the one person who really made all of this possible, Al Gore. The only site I visit for football and the NS stuff. Thanks for your foresight and efforts over all these years.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Congratulations Brett and to all who keep things humming here....best talk forum ever!

Wow. I joined in 2001. Dark days for my beloved Tide. Lots of turmoil and rumors through the years. I have relied on this site for accurate info on all things Bama sports. I tell all my Tide friends to come here. Thanks for all you do Moderators! Happy Anniversary Tidefans.com!

I don't post much but visit this site numerous times per day. Tidefans is the forum by which all forums should be measured. Thanks for great information and insight from all on the board. In good times, and bad, fans like myself can always find a great like-minded comfort group here.
    "You can't argue with a drunk or an idiot." ~Dad

I came over from BOL, read mostly at first, finally registered because someone posted something I strongly disagreed with! Couldnít believe they didnít charge a fee, kept waiting for it. I remember clicking on ads in another tab or window every time I opened a new thread. Then the server crash that caused me to register again, then something about email addresses. I remember the servers in the early years, especially after a bad loss or a big win. following Brett and his doctorate, Rich cooking and recipes , Earle being DA, Judge and Jury on the board!, Brad and his Grammy and the other accomplishments and memories of members of this board! Canít believe itís been that long! ROLL TIDE!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Man Dan View Post
    I started reading TideFans 3 years before I joined.
    No idea why I didn't join in 2005. I should have.
    I know exactly why I didn't join in 2005. Back then you couldn't register with a yahoo or hotmail account (may still be this way, not sure). So in 2007 when I had access to a company email address I signed up.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTusk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson White View Post
    I was a poster back in the early BamaNation era (another username I can't recall) and remember you provided links to what seems like at least over a dozen other UA websites run by devoted fans. Dr Feelgood and Lady in Red were two among the many others. I wonder how many of those are still going. Lady in Red is one that I know is. She provides a great source on Alabama players in the NFL.
    I was too,... back in 1999 I think. Then because of a problem had to redo my name. This is the only forum I go to for Bama football because it has been operated so well. Discussion and debate is great but not allowing smack is why I have been here so long. Everyone is bigger and badder when behind a keyboard. Thank you Brett for the site and the mods for having to patrol and baby sit us at times. Roll Tide!!
    Last edited by CrimsonTusk; January 9th, 2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: spelling

I love this site. I am very thankful for all of the hard work the mods have put in to make tidefans the way it is. This is the only site I ever visit unless someone posts a link to another site.

Quote Originally Posted by MattinBama View Post
    I know exactly why I didn't join in 2005. Back then you couldn't register with a yahoo or hotmail account (may still be this way, not sure). So in 2007 when I had access to a company email address I signed up.
    No, we no longer have that rule. When the Hotmail and Yahoo addresses were in their heyday, the vast majority of problem members we had used them. Conversely, most people who used them intended to cause problems. Also, everyone had an ISP, which is what we required. Now, the Gmail, etc. addresses are pretty much universal. I have a couple of Gmail addresses myself. Therefore, we dropped that requirement...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Dang, my [current] Tidefans' membership would be a sophomore at Bama right now!
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar

I spend way too much time on this site but I guess it's like drugs (I don't do drugs), it's an addiction. I love the folks on here and always love getting Tide news and reading the opinions. If you love Tide football then you can't do without this site. Thanks for all the hardwork and dedication to make this site so great. Here's hoping for at least another 20 years and more.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

It's been good to watch the site become more refined with all kinds of features and the like. It was great when it was started, but it's been polished up to a new and improved version that makes coming here fun.

BamaNation Hall of Fame cuda.1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Also, everyone had an ISP, which is what we required. Now, the Gmail, etc. addresses are pretty much universal. I have a couple of Gmail addresses myself. Therefore, we dropped that requirement...
    It would eventually have to change, as those of us who had Verizon watched their Verizon accounts sent to AOL.

(The old address still works, but have you tried to log onto AOL, in the last decade?)
    "I hate morning people.
    And mornings.

And people!"