20 Years of TideFans.com

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
Happy Birthday! I don't get on as much as I used to, but still around! Monday evening I just wanted to be alone!

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Congratulations! I am glad that I decided to join this forum 9 years ago. Thank you for providing a space for us to discuss something we all love!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Congratulations on a wonderful 20 years!

Crashes, email debacles, losing seasons, heartbreaking losses, fired coaches, coming up just short in games and seasons, Lost in the wilderness, Coach Saban hired, top recruit after top recruit, championship after championship, number one ranking after number one ranking, basketball, football, nonsports with and without politics, personal tragedies and triumphs - all things we've shared here on TideFans.

If you were to try to shut it down I'd have to get some investors together. With the pay I get from being moderator I may be able to swing it on my own. :D

Intelligent people who know football, care about others, and treat each other with respect. No profanity. No personal insults. No ignorant sparring. These are the things that kept me here and the lack of these drove me from other sites.

I say often that this is the best site for TideFans in the whole wide world and I mean it.

Thank you for putting your idea and passion into motion and for all you've done to make it what it is.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Happy Birthday to Brett's child... TideFans.

I started lurking on TideFans in, I think, 2002 or 2003, then pulled the trigger and joined in 2004 while posted in Korea. Found out about this site from Lady in Red's site.
Ah, LadyInRed - that brings back memories.

What was that other Bama news site from back in the day, BamaDog?

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Happy 20th to TideFans! I really love this site and now that I'm retired, it's everyday! Congrats to you and all the admins and mods!

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I joined back in 2001 and although I don't post much, I check it out everyday. It is by far the best I have seen. I go to other boards often both Bama and opponents but I never register on them. Jess is the only one I have seen that gives the objective analysis on all of the games without his Crimson Colored glasses. When I first started reading this board, I used to hate what he predicted but he was usually right on..... we lost a lot of games in 2001 era.

Thanks for all you do.

SeattleBama

All-SEC
Aug 6, 2008
Was a poster in 2000, crash happened, and lurked thereafter. Out of pocket until 2008 and joined back up. The best out there.

BamaFanFromTN

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 19, 1999
Fayetteville, TN, US
I found Tide Fans from Lady in Red also. I have been here since 2009 mainly as a lurker, because I look at the site mainly from work. I no longer live in TN; moved to Monrovia AL about 10 years ago. I can remember the early days of Tide Fans.. Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula. Defiantly more Debbie downers back then. Happy Birthday Tide Fans

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
My second family...... always there when I need to vent, need to learn, or just need a place to rest.....

Happy Anniversary everyone!

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thanks everyone. It's been fun and interesting and we've been able to celebrate a LOT of championships during this period. I hope you all keep supporting the site and we'll keep working on making it the site you deserve!

RTR!

OldNavyTider

1st Team
Apr 16, 2007
Mount Olive, Alabama
I originally joined this web site in 1999. I was knows as the VirginiaTider then. I was in the US Navy stationed in Virginia then. Tide Fans had a lot of crazy characters back then! Now I'm retired from the Navy, live in Mount Olive, Alabama, and known now as OldNavyTider. Here's to the success of the classy, great web site!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Was a poster in 2000, crash happened, and lurked thereafter. Out of pocket until 2008 and joined back up. The best out there.
i was lurking around pre-crash but can't remember if i had registered at that point or not. amazing this has gone on so long, goes to show the value of mtxe

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Thanks everyone. It's been fun and interesting and we've been able to celebrate a LOT of championships during this period. I hope you all keep supporting the site and we'll keep working on making it the site you deserve!

RTR!
Now! Why didn't we have Tidefans.com during Coach Bryant's time at the Capstone. Can't you just imagine reading on TideFans.com about Coach Bryant coming to the Capstone in 1957? Or about all those Championships during his reign.

So, what will TideFans.com be like in say 70 years?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Now! Why didn't we have Tidefans.com during Coach Bryant's time at the Capstone. Can't you just imagine reading on TideFans.com about Coach Bryant coming to the Capstone in 1957? Or about all those Championships during his reign.

So, what will TideFans.com be like in say 70 years?
We will still have trolls coming on here to remind us of that one loss back in January 2019. The Sabantron Robot will be working on his next national championship. There will be eeyores that still think the Sabantron Robot needs to be upgraded. Earle will still be in charge and telling us about his 1523rd surgery on some random bone. Selma (still alive) tells us we all remember the last 70 years wrong and goes into detail for little known facts for the last 70 years.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.