20 Years of TideFans.com - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team

Re: 20 Years of TideFans.com

I found Tide Fans from Lady in Red also. I have been here since 2009 mainly as a lurker, because I look at the site mainly from work. I no longer live in TN; moved to Monrovia AL about 10 years ago. I can remember the early days of Tide Fans.. Dubose, Fran, Price, Shula. Defiantly more Debbie downers back then. Happy Birthday Tide Fans

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

My second family...... always there when I need to vent, need to learn, or just need a place to rest.....

Happy Anniversary everyone!
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

Thanks everyone. It's been fun and interesting and we've been able to celebrate a LOT of championships during this period. I hope you all keep supporting the site and we'll keep working on making it the site you deserve!

RTR!

BamaNation First Team OldNavyTider's Avatar

I originally joined this web site in 1999. I was knows as the VirginiaTider then. I was in the US Navy stationed in Virginia then. Tide Fans had a lot of crazy characters back then! Now I'm retired from the Navy, live in Mount Olive, Alabama, and known now as OldNavyTider. Here's to the success of the classy, great web site!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar

Perhaps when the site becomes 21 it will be mature enough for the return of the beer fetchers.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleBama View Post
    Was a poster in 2000, crash happened, and lurked thereafter. Out of pocket until 2008 and joined back up. The best out there.
    i was lurking around pre-crash but can't remember if i had registered at that point or not. amazing this has gone on so long, goes to show the value of mtxe
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Al A Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Thanks everyone. It's been fun and interesting and we've been able to celebrate a LOT of championships during this period. I hope you all keep supporting the site and we'll keep working on making it the site you deserve!

RTR!
    Now! Why didn't we have Tidefans.com during Coach Bryant's time at the Capstone. Can't you just imagine reading on TideFans.com about Coach Bryant coming to the Capstone in 1957? Or about all those Championships during his reign.

So, what will TideFans.com be like in say 70 years?
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post
    Now! Why didn't we have Tidefans.com during Coach Bryant's time at the Capstone. Can't you just imagine reading on TideFans.com about Coach Bryant coming to the Capstone in 1957? Or about all those Championships during his reign.

So, what will TideFans.com be like in say 70 years?
    We will still have trolls coming on here to remind us of that one loss back in January 2019. The Sabantron Robot will be working on his next national championship. There will be eeyores that still think the Sabantron Robot needs to be upgraded. Earle will still be in charge and telling us about his 1523rd surgery on some random bone. Selma (still alive) tells us we all remember the last 70 years wrong and goes into detail for little known facts for the last 70 years.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation Second Team

Love Tidefans!!!! Iíve been a member since 2003. Iím not a frequent poster, but I read it almost every day. My introduction to Bama football came from listening to games (in the 60ís) on the radio with my dad.

Thanks for running such a great site. I can't believe I've been posting on here for 15 years. Kinda makes me feel old.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

There are 3 online communities / forums that I have consistently been a participant; AVS Forum, Home Theater Forum and this one.

If it wasn't for TideFans than I'm not sure how I would make it through a work day! It says I joined in 2007 but, I thought it was earlier (as RollTide1017). Maybe I just lurked.

Happy birthday to the best sports site on the world wide web!
    So, excluding BamaNation, who was the first person to join the site once it went live? Do they still visit and post regularly?

BamaNation Hall of Fame MattinBama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonNagus View Post
    There are 3 online communities / forums that I have consistently been a participant; AVS Forum, Home Theater Forum and this one.
    I used to hang out on AVS years ago mostly in the gaming section.

I used to have a few forums that I was active on back then but this is pretty much the only one for me now other than sometimes visiting reddit.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonNagus's Avatar

I read stuff on Reddit everyday but, I don't post anywhere too often.