BamaNation All-American Elefantman's Avatar

Re: 20 Years of TideFans.com

The evolution of TideFans:

Nov 1999

Feb 2004

Oct 2007

Nov 2011

Oct 2015
    Last edited by Elefantman; January 14th, 2019 at 09:51 PM.
    "I'm a loner. And a loner has got to be alone"
    Jesse

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Starting lurking here in early 2000s. I decided to join November 2006 and came up with the ReturnToGlory name because I felt we would fire Shula and nab the coach that would bring us back to champioship level. It was probably more of wishful thinking than prescience.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates "Hotter than Dog Days here!!!"

This site kept me informed during my many overseas TDY's while I was in the Air Force. I've met some really good people here and have always admired how the staff have run a tight and informative ship. Thanks to all and Roll Tide!!!
    "WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE DOWN THERE? DON'T Y'ALL TAKE YOUR FOOTBALL SERIOUSLY?" -- Coach Bryant, upon calling Auburn at 6 AM only to find out that none of the coaches were in their offices yet!

BamaNation First Team OldNavyTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bat123 View Post
    This site kept me informed during my many overseas TDY's while I was in the Air Force. I've met some really good people here and have always admired how the staff have run a tight and informative ship. Thanks to all and Roll Tide!!!
    Dude! I use to message you on this web site years ago, as the VirginiaTider! You are originally from Morris or Bradford, correct? After I retired from the Navy I came home to Alabama, changed my profile to Old NavyTider, and now live in Mount Olive, Alabama.

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldNavyTider View Post
    Dude! I use to message you on this web site years ago, as the VirginiaTider! You are originally from Morris or Bradford, correct? After I retired from the Navy I came home to Alabama, changed my profile to Old NavyTider, and now live in Mount Olive, Alabama.
    I remember both of you guys. I was living in Spain at the time and thought how cool it was that we were all in different longitudes and latitudes but our minds all on the same zip code in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Still hard to believe that so much time has passed yet our passions have not changed. Great place to be!
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation First Team wishbonesooner's Avatar

Congratulations! Good fans, good discussions. I have enjoyed talking football with you since 2001. Best wishes for another 20.
    I have my standards, admittedly they're low, but I have standards!

BamaNation First Team Roll Tide 00's Avatar

This has always been my one and only go to Bama site.

Thanks and appreciation to everyone who has kept this site going strong for so many years!

BamaNation Second Team

Big A Re: 20 Years of TideFans.com

totally enjoy this site and ran upon it late in 1999 and was hooked. This site has helped me stay connected with Bama football when the Army has sent me all over this place and especially during deployments in the mid 2000's. This site provided a get away, so to speak, even if just for a brief moment.

I don't post much, but when i do it probably really isn't that important. ha.

Look forward to another 20 years.
    Last edited by roltidejunky; January 16th, 2019 at 08:36 PM.

I love that this was the first thing I read...Nov. 1999

"It wasnít Alabamaís prettiest game, but the results could have won the Miss America pageant. Alabama won in Auburn for the first time, by a score of 28-17"
    Quote Originally Posted by Elefantman View Post
    The evolution of TideFans:

Nov 1999

Feb 2004

Oct 2007

Nov 2011

Oct 2015

BamaNation First Team

Been here since Ď99. Was CBama1 until the crash. Then became 10Bama54. Donít post everyday but I usually am on here. Love this site, best on the web.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

ThumbsUp Re: 20 Years of TideFans.com

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate the kind words and everybody's continued participation.

As another aside, I was living in NYC when I started the site. My F-I-L had been sending me daily clippings from the Mobile Press Register on anything 'Bama related and the internet came along and I said, "I can do that" I still remember sitting on a plane writing the first iteration of our Site Policies and FAQs (which haven't really changed much in 20 years because we started out adhering to the culture I wanted represented and have had great admins and moderators help out in a great way along the way). But, it's our members who keep wanting that respectful culture that's missing from so many sites and tweets and commentary these days.

I think many of us have a tendency to be snarky - at least I know I do - and knowing these policies exist culls me from always doing so.

RTR and thanks!

BamaNation All-SEC

I've been here since the early days. Those were some dark times under Mike DuBose and lots of the posts were just putting our best, hopeful spin on things. Then came NCAA sanctions in 2001, the revolving door of coaches, and being excited to make it to the Music City Bowl in 2004. This forum was a great place to commiserate and wonder whether Bama football would ever again see the kind of success we enjoyed under Stallings, much less Bryant.

Obviously everything changed with the arrival of Coach Saban, the GOAT. In 2007, I told lots of folks if he would just stay 5 years and MAYBE win a national title, we'd be back on the right path. To say that I aimed too low is the greatest of understatements! Thanks for the memories, tidefans.com, it's been a terrific twenty year ride!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar

The old days of dial-up and AOL. BamaNation has evolved very nicely.

Keep up the good work. RTR