20 Years of TideFans.com

CBag4Bama

1st Team
Sep 22, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I originally joined this web site in 1999. I was knows as the VirginiaTider then. I was in the US Navy stationed in Virginia then. Tide Fans had a lot of crazy characters back then! Now I'm retired from the Navy, live in Mount Olive, Alabama, and known now as OldNavyTider. Here's to the success of the classy, great web site!
Lurked for a few years and then joined in 2002. Moved from AL to NC from 2005-2008. Tidefans was my only way of keeping up with what was going on. I also live in Mount Olive.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
The old days of dial-up and AOL. BamaNation has evolved very nicely.

Keep up the good work. RTR

:BigA:

The changes on the backend software, servers, front end software, etc. are all amazing when I look back over these 20+ years.

The easiest way of describing it is that in 1999 we were on a Yugo server, with matchbox software and now we're on multiple Lamborghini servers with Tesla software :D

We'll be making some software upgrades this year that should be significant and allow us to continue to bring TF to the masses. It's why it's so important that you support those that support us!

20 years is still a hard number to grasp for me because, as I said previously, I remember pressing the "go live" button and hoping folks showed up eventually. :D

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The changes on the backend software, servers, front end software, etc. are all amazing when I look back over these 20+ years.

The easiest way of describing it is that in 1999 we were on a Yugo server, with matchbox software and now we're on multiple Lamborghini servers with Tesla software :D

We'll be making some software upgrades this year that should be significant and allow us to continue to bring TF to the masses. It's why it's so important that you support those that support us!

20 years is still a hard number to grasp for me because, as I said previously, I remember pressing the "go live" button and hoping folks showed up eventually. :D
I remember several National Signing day overloads due to the volume of people wanting to check out our signees as well as the "Fax Cam Girl". You and your staff have done a fantastic job and I am thankful I found this on-line family.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
I'm about to mark my 16th year here...I don't post a whole lot, but I visit almost daily. It's hard to believe how much time has gone by and especially how fast it has flown by. I really appreciate the time, effort, & passion that everyone puts into this site. Crimson & White all my life!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

It's nice not to have to do as much scrambling on game days, turning off features so as not to overload the servers...

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I don’t post much but I call TF home. I tried many different Bama forums but all led back to Tidefans. Love this place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.