20 Years of TideFans.com

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
In the midst of my wallowing in misery over the past 24 hours, I recalled that 2019 is the 20th year of TideFans.com!

Thanks to all of you who have been around from the beginning and all of you who joined in over those 20 years. We're grateful.

Also a big shoutout to our admins and mods who do yeoman's work each and everday (and twice on Saturdays :D ). I appreciate you !

RTR! The road to #18 begins again.

Crimson White

1st Team
Jun 17, 2014
I was a poster back in the early BamaNation era (another username I can't recall) and remember you provided links to what seems like at least over a dozen other UA websites run by devoted fans. Dr Feelgood and Lady in Red were two among the many others. I wonder how many of those are still going. Lady in Red is one that I know is. She provides a great source on Alabama players in the NFL.

Titans&Tide

1st Team
Jul 22, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL USA
www.kornegay.us
20 years already! Wow! I don't post much, but I read pretty much every day. Thanks for all you and the mods do, Brett!

I found the first iteration of this site way back when and joined. We were living in Nashville at the time and it was a "link to home." I remember the Great Crash and having to re-register. I'm really floored that it's been that long! My oldest son is 19. Reading Tidefans predates having kids for me.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN
I feel like Doc Brown from the movie Back to the Future....”great scott...has it really been that long.” It’s been 15 years for me. There is nowhere else I’d rather go to find out news about my beloved Tide. Thank you so much for making TideFans available to us...for all the effort of everyone behind the scenes that makes this forum so amazing! Although I’ve never personally met any of you I feel like you are my brothers and sisters. Let’s raise a glass to another 20 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Shoot we have to pick a game and do a 20 year celebration!!! I'm in...who do I send my donation to? (Not a new idea, last year's seemed to go very well and I'm bummed I missed it!)
I feel like Doc Brown from the movie Back to the Future....”great scott...has it really been that long.” It’s been 15 years for me. There is nowhere else I’d rather go to find out news about my beloved Tide. Thank you so much for making TideFans available to us...for all the effort of everyone behind the scenes that makes this forum so amazing! Although I’ve never personally met any of you I feel like you are my brothers and sisters. Let’s raise a glass to another 20 years!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Wow. I have been here for just over 15 years. I joined in December 2003. I didn't post much in my early days, but have become pretty regular. I read every single day (probably too much). Congrats on 20 years of being the best board on the net.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I didn't register until 2009, but been lurking since 07'. either way I'm thankful for this board. It is one of only 3 websites I visit regularly every time I get online. I check Tidefans more than my facebook. Love you guys, look forward to another 20!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
thanks a lot brett. this is a well run board and it is amazing you have kept it going so well all these years.

i started reading in 99 and joined soon after. iirc, there was a big crash/redesign around that time.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thanks to everyone for all of the great work you do here and allowing us as fans a place to be able to come together.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Brett, you thanked the members, the Mods and Admins, but you failed to thank the one person who really made all of this possible, Al Gore. :wink: The only site I visit for football and the NS stuff. Thanks for your foresight and efforts over all these years.

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
Wow. I joined in 2001. Dark days for my beloved Tide. Lots of turmoil and rumors through the years. I have relied on this site for accurate info on all things Bama sports. I tell all my Tide friends to come here. Thanks for all you do Moderators! Happy Anniversary Tidefans.com!

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
I don't post much but visit this site numerous times per day. Tidefans is the forum by which all forums should be measured. Thanks for great information and insight from all on the board. In good times, and bad, fans like myself can always find a great like-minded comfort group here.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I came over from BOL, read mostly at first, finally registered because someone posted something I strongly disagreed with! Couldn’t believe they didn’t charge a fee, kept waiting for it. I remember clicking on ads in another tab or window every time I opened a new thread. Then the server crash that caused me to register again, then something about email addresses. I remember the servers in the early years, especially after a bad loss or a big win. following Brett and his doctorate, Rich cooking and recipes , Earle being DA, Judge and Jury on the board!, Brad and his Grammy and the other accomplishments and memories of members of this board! Can’t believe it’s been that long! ROLL TIDE!

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I started reading TideFans 3 years before I joined.
No idea why I didn't join in 2005. I should have.
I know exactly why I didn't join in 2005. Back then you couldn't register with a yahoo or hotmail account (may still be this way, not sure). So in 2007 when I had access to a company email address I signed up.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA
I was a poster back in the early BamaNation era (another username I can't recall) and remember you provided links to what seems like at least over a dozen other UA websites run by devoted fans. Dr Feelgood and Lady in Red were two among the many others. I wonder how many of those are still going. Lady in Red is one that I know is. She provides a great source on Alabama players in the NFL.
I was too,... back in 1999 I think. Then because of a problem had to redo my name. This is the only forum I go to for Bama football because it has been operated so well. Discussion and debate is great but not allowing smack is why I have been here so long. Everyone is bigger and badder when behind a keyboard. Thank you Brett for the site and the mods for having to patrol and baby sit us at times. Roll Tide!!

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.