20 Years of TideFans.com
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

20 Years of TideFans.com

In the midst of my wallowing in misery over the past 24 hours, I recalled that 2019 is the 20th year of TideFans.com!

Thanks to all of you who have been around from the beginning and all of you who joined in over those 20 years. We're grateful.

Also a big shoutout to our admins and mods who do yeoman's work each and everday (and twice on Saturdays ). I appreciate you !

RTR! The road to #18 begins again.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Re: 20 Years of TideFans.com

I think you should give away free memberships

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson

BamaNation First Team

I was a poster back in the early BamaNation era (another username I can't recall) and remember you provided links to what seems like at least over a dozen other UA websites run by devoted fans. Dr Feelgood and Lady in Red were two among the many others. I wonder how many of those are still going. Lady in Red is one that I know is. She provides a great source on Alabama players in the NFL.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

The greatest site on the interwebs. Glad I can be a part of it. Hope I can be a mod or something one day.

(Now, I can go back in my hole and cry.)

BamaNation First Team Titans&Tide's Avatar

20 years already! Wow! I don't post much, but I read pretty much every day. Thanks for all you and the mods do, Brett!

I found the first iteration of this site way back when and joined. We were living in Nashville at the time and it was a "link to home." I remember the Great Crash and having to re-register. I'm really floored that it's been that long! My oldest son is 19. Reading Tidefans predates having kids for me.

BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar

I feel like Doc Brown from the movie Back to the Future....Ēgreat scott...has it really been that long.Ē Itís been 15 years for me. There is nowhere else Iíd rather go to find out news about my beloved Tide. Thank you so much for making TideFans available to us...for all the effort of everyone behind the scenes that makes this forum so amazing! Although Iíve never personally met any of you I feel like you are my brothers and sisters. Letís raise a glass to another 20 years!!!

"They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

Shoot we have to pick a game and do a 20 year celebration!!! I'm in...who do I send my donation to? (Not a new idea, last year's seemed to go very well and I'm bummed I missed it!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tide&True View Post
    I feel like Doc Brown from the movie Back to the Future....Ēgreat scott...has it really been that long.Ē Itís been 15 years for me. There is nowhere else Iíd rather go to find out news about my beloved Tide. Thank you so much for making TideFans available to us...for all the effort of everyone behind the scenes that makes this forum so amazing! Although Iíve never personally met any of you I feel like you are my brothers and sisters. Letís raise a glass to another 20 years!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Wow. I have been here for just over 15 years. I joined in December 2003. I didn't post much in my early days, but have become pretty regular. I read every single day (probably too much). Congrats on 20 years of being the best board on the net.
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

BamaNation All-American dWarriors88's Avatar

I didn't register until 2009, but been lurking since 07'. either way I'm thankful for this board. It is one of only 3 websites I visit regularly every time I get online. I check Tidefans more than my facebook. Love you guys, look forward to another 20!
    At Some Places They Play Football.
    At Alabama, We LIVE It.

"...Ain't nothin' but a winner."

thanks a lot brett. this is a well run board and it is amazing you have kept it going so well all these years.

i started reading in 99 and joined soon after. iirc, there was a big crash/redesign around that time.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Been here since '99 !

BamaNation All-SEC

Thanks to everyone for all of the great work you do here and allowing us as fans a place to be able to come together.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I started reading TideFans 3 years before I joined.
    No idea why I didn't join in 2005. I should have.