Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

Jalen just posted on IG story with a black screen and a location tag.... Tuscaloosa,AL

So he’s back in Tuscaloosa for the night before going to Miami for his expected visit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Tate Martel makes more sense to OU.
This x 1000. Tate is made for that offense. Jalen is a great RPO QB, but he is not very elusive, and their whole o-line has to be rebuilt next year.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I think Jalen is having a little fun, keeping everyone guessing.
I'll support him until he is lined up opposite Alabama...

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018

I think Jalen is having a little fun, keeping everyone guessing.
I'll support him until he is lined up opposite Alabama...
I'm probably the lone dissenter here, but I'd like for the guy to make a decision and be done with it. He is 21 though, so indecision comes with the age. The longer his decision drags out, it takes a little more away from my respect for all he has done at the Capstone. This week has been rough for a lifelong Bama fan and graduate.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I'm probably the lone dissenter here, but I'd like for the guy to make a decision and be done with it. He is 21 though, so indecision comes with the age. The longer his decision drags out, it takes a little more away from my respect for all he has done at the Capstone. This week has been rough for a lifelong Bama fan and graduate.
Did you consider that Jalen Hurts wants to make a well informed decision? That up until the Clemson game all of his attention was focused on being ready for his team, and only now has he really taken the time to look around? Recruits can have years to pick a team, give the guy a couple weeks...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

Did you consider that Jalen Hurts wants to make a well informed decision? That up until the Clemson game all of his attention was focused on being ready for his team, and only now has he really taken the time to look around? Recruits can have years to pick a team, give the guy a couple weeks...
But it's been five whole days!!! How can we respect a guy after five days of indecision?!!!

Good grief.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

But doesn’t Tate Martell have to sit out a year with his transfer unless the NCAA grantshim “hardship”?
With Meyer stepping down, he might get that approved. The NCAA is toothless.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I think OU probably sees Spencer Rattler as their “QB of the future”. Not saying they wouldn’t want Martell. They would be crazy not to. However, Jalen might serve as the one year fill in that gives Rattler the chance to redshirt and learn the system.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I mean he's leaving because it is a forgone conclusion that Fields will be playing next year after getting a waiver and Fields alleged gameplan for his waiver would be more dubious to me than a staff overhaul leading to longterm schematic changes.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

I think he knows which school he'll choose, if he does go. His indecision may very well be whether to go or stay at Bama. This showed on his FB fan page. No clue if it was actually his post, but could be what he's thinking, regardless.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

jashleyren2;3373301[B said:
]I'm probably the lone dissenter here,[/B] but I'd like for the guy to make a decision and be done with it. He is 21 though, so indecision comes with the age. The longer his decision drags out, it takes a little more away from my respect for all he has done at the Capstone. This week has been rough for a lifelong Bama fan and graduate.
Yes you probably will be. I would never make a quick, flippant decision on my future and I certainly would not suggest a young person do it. He is doing the smart, prudent thing and that shows maturity.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

We know Jalen has already applied for graduate school at Alabama. He had to place his name in the transfer portal in order to be contacted by other schools.

Most likely he will land somewhere else, but staying is always a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.