Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

He still can redshirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many years is grad school? If it’s more than one, that might make sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

It appears he has visited 3 schools: Maryland, Oklahoma, & Miami. I'm not sure who is in the lead. School starts today in Norman. Then there's this Kyler thing. Only Hurts knows what he's looking for. I've seen reports that he is not interested in playing pro ball...he wants to coach. Not sure what his major is. From a purely success opportunity OU is by far the best choice but that may not be a motivating factor.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

It appears he has visited 3 schools: Maryland, Oklahoma, & Miami. I'm not sure who is in the lead. School starts today in Norman. Then there's this Kyler thing. Only Hurts knows what he's looking for. I've seen reports that he is not interested in playing pro ball...he wants to coach. Not sure what his major is. From a purely success opportunity OU is by far the best choice but that may not be a motivating factor.
Personally I would go to Miami -- nice weather, good coach he knows...and a much easier league in the ACC. OU would be a good football choice...but the weather in Norman??? Colder than cold in the winter and hotter than hot in the summer...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Personally I would go to Miami -- nice weather, good coach he knows...and a much easier league in the ACC. OU would be a good football choice...but the weather in Norman??? Colder than cold in the winter and hotter than hot in the summer...
I think that the key is Enos - if he wants a shot at the NFL, continue to work with the guy who has helped him the most to this point. The light schedule also helps. He would eat up ACC defenses, and Clemson's defense will have to be completely rebuilt next year.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I think that the key is Enos - if he wants a shot at the NFL, continue to work with the guy who has helped him the most to this point. The light schedule also helps. He would eat up ACC defenses, and Clemson's defense will have to be completely rebuilt next year.
I'm thinking Miami too.....I thought he also might end up out west with Wazzu.....but I'm thinking Miami at this point

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

He applied for graduate school at Alabama in Sports Administration.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

If he sees his future in coaching, why not just stay at Alabama? But perhaps he really wants to play a lot his last year. I think I would choose Miami, in order to stay with Enos.

Oklahoma has the best prospects of competing for a title
Miami, I think, has the best learning opportunities for future coaching
Maryland has Locksley which helps future coaching prospects as well as gives him a familiar face but I think has the worst winning prospects.
And there is always Alabama, which not only puts him in the NC race again, but also gives him one more year with Nick Saban.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If he sees his future in coaching, why not just stay at Alabama? But perhaps he really wants to play a lot his last year. I think I would choose Miami, in order to stay with Enos.

Maryland has Locksley which helps future coaching prospects as well as gives him a familiar face but I think has the worst winning prospects.
And there is always Alabama, which not only puts him in the NC race again, but also gives him one more year with Nick Saban.
I think that his bond with Saban will assure him of an opportunity if he decides to go the coaching route, no matter where he goes this year. And he really can't follow his NFL dreams at Alabama.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I think that his bond with Saban will assure him of an opportunity if he decides to go the coaching route, no matter where he goes this year. And he really can't follow his NFL dreams at Alabama.
Yeah he's really got it made as far as that goes.

I will just have a hard time pulling for him as a Sooner. But I will, unless they face us again.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

....and he could help his Alma Mater and beat Dabo while @ The U! :)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

One thing in mind: If he choose to go into coaching after his playing day is over, then it's good that he get to experience different coaching somewhere beside Alabama. Maryland or Miami would be good for that.

If he wants to play in NFL, then Miami or Oklahoma is his best shot.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

The only person that benefits from Hurts going to Maryland is Locksley. I don't think it benefits Jalen at all by going there. It very well could hurt his draft status if the team has a bad year.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I was trying to be kind to our former OC. :D
I didn't mean it as a "shot" against Locksley. But let's be honest. The odds of him walking into Maryland and not having any growing pains that normally comes with first year coaches who are more than likely putting in a new system, are very slim. If I'm Jalen I don't want to use up my last year at a re-build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.