Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

Tate martell is looking at Miami and would most likely seek a waiver to play instantly. I think Jalen is probably down to Oklahoma and Maryland

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama

I didn't mean it as a "shot" against Locksley. But let's be honest. The odds of him walking into Maryland and not having any growing pains that normally comes with first year coaches who are more than likely putting in a new system, are very slim. If I'm Jalen I don't want to use up my last year at a re-build.
So, how many wins does a team need, before the NFL scouts consider the quarterback for the draft? They'll be watching Hurts for sure, regardless of where he goes. Maryland went 5 and 7. Miami went 7 and 6, losing to Wisconsin 35 to 3 in the bowl. I'd say both teams are a re-build. Both will have a new HC. Miami both a new HC and OC. So, I don't see it makes a difference, as far as the NFL is concerned. If Jalen plays well, they'll see that.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

So, how many wins does a team need, before the NFL scouts consider the quarterback for the draft? They'll be watching Hurts for sure, regardless of where he goes. Maryland went 5 and 7. Miami went 7 and 6, losing to Wisconsin 35 to 3 in the bowl. I'd say both teams are a re-build. Both will have a new HC. Miami both a new HC and OC. So, I don't see it makes a difference, as far as the NFL is concerned. If Jalen plays well, they'll see that.
Yes! I am not ready to count JH out for the NFL with his physical and mental assets. I will very much appreciate seeing him get a full year under his belt and hope that he lands on a team that has potential and doesn't play Bama in the regular season! I do believe he has a very supportive family who will help him as best possible reach the right destination for his future.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Seems to be a waiting game on Murray. Also some talk out this way that your grad OT is considering coming to OU.
In terms of what? Surely you're not talking about Murray possibly coming back to OU. He's either entering the NFL draft or signing with the MLB..

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

I haven't checked the rosters, but I have to believe Miami will have more talent surrounding Jalen than Maryland will. I think that's what Bamabuzzard is referring to. Miami was better than their record indicated, IMO. Richt had just checked out.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

If you are playing behind a great/good OL and throwing to talented WR's, then you will obviously look better. OU has better talent to showcase JH, just lousy weather.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

The draft is an inexact science, with no uniform criteria that teams use when deciding on who and when to take a player. The player has no idea what the teams are looking at as part of the evaluation process. So I would want to be in the best position I could be in. Currently, at best, Jalen is probably a 3rd or 4th round pick (AT BEST). If Jalen goes to Maryland and they suck and his numbers suck. It doesn't mean he doesn't get drafted. But it could mean he gets drafted in the 5th or 6th round rather than in the 3rd or 4th. Which makes a HUGE difference in the time he has to perform or get cut. I don't know enough about Maryland and Miami to give an opinion if both are the same level of rebuilds or not. I don't know if Maryland has equivalent returning talent as Miami or not. But if I were guessing it would be Miami.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

In terms of what? Surely you're not talking about Murray possibly coming back to OU. He's either entering the NFL draft or signing with the MLB..
Agreed. I think OU fans hanging on to the idea that he would come back are living in a fantasy world. I can't imagine why he would come back. But I've been wrong plenty recently.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL

Agreed. I think OU fans hanging on to the idea that he would come back are living in a fantasy world. I can't imagine why he would come back. But I've been wrong plenty recently.
At the Heisman ceremony KM more or less said that he was gone one way or the other after this year so I'm not sure why any OU fan would think he is coming back next season.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Into what? They already let him live a millionaire lifestyle as a college kid that everyone knew was a joke. This whole KM scenario burns my backside...
If Murray came back there should be an investigation.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

KM has officially declared he's entering the NFL draft. I guess now Jalen can announce that he's transferring to OU.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

KM has officially declared he's entering the NFL draft. I guess now Jalen can announce that he's transferring to OU.
Saw a tweet that basically said:

It would make sense for Jalen to follow Locks to Maryland.
It would make sense for Jalen to follow Enos to Miami.
It would make no sense for him not to transfer to OK where the last two transfer QBs won the last two Heismans.

Hard to argue with that rationale.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I didn't mean it as a "shot" against Locksley. But let's be honest. The odds of him walking into Maryland and not having any growing pains that normally comes with first year coaches who are more than likely putting in a new system, are very slim. If I'm Jalen I don't want to use up my last year at a re-build.
Good point - based on that OU is a no brainer. Both Maryland and Miami will have first year head coaches.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004

Saw a tweet that basically said:

It would make sense for Jalen to follow Locks to Maryland.
It would make sense for Jalen to follow Enos to Miami.
It would make no sense for him not to transfer to OK where the last two transfer QBs won the last two Heismans.

Hard to argue with that rationale.
Like everyone else, I have no idea where Jalen might go. Just stirring the pot. But it would be interesting to see what he could do in Riley's offense.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

As difficult as it may be for some herein to understand it, there's a protocol involved in this thing. No one I know thought KM was coming back but the timeline demonstrates the chain of events and how they relate to the manner by which this sort of thing comes down: LT and former Allen teammate of KM enters the draft; Austin Kendall enters the transfer protocol; Hurts visits OU; Murray enters the NFL draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.