Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

I’ll pull for Jalen wherever he goes(except if we have to play him in a bowl game or playoff), but OU is the best option for him all things considered imo.

Last edited:

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

There is some symmetry here. Trevor Knight came out of his stellar Sugar Bowl performance vs the Tide as the clear starter at OU...until a relatively unknown walk-on showed up at OU's spring practice. Knight was extremely well liked and highly thought of by OU fans...a kid with great character. He went through the entire 2015 season backing up Mayfield and then transferred to A&M where he started his last year. In the minds of OU fans he will always be a Sooner. J.H. from all accounts is the same kind of high character guy. Regardless how this all shakes out he will always be a Tide man...and that's the way it should be.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

There is some symmetry here. Trevor Knight came out of his stellar Sugar Bowl performance vs the Tide as the clear starter at OU...until a relatively unknown walk-on showed up at OU's spring practice. Knight was extremely well liked and highly thought of by OU fans...a kid with great character. He went through the entire 2015 season backing up Mayfield and then transferred to A&M where he started his last year. In the minds of OU fans he will always be a Sooner. J.H. from all accounts is the same kind of high character guy. Regardless how this all shakes out he will always be a Tide man...and that's the way it should be.
I will pull for Jalen wherever he goes (unless we play him, of course). Some places will make that pulling for more begrudgingly than others.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

At this point I’m not even sure Jalen knows where he is headed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

You couldn’t find anyone better for your program Owen!

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

Tate martell is looking at Miami and would most likely seek a waiver to play instantly. I think Jalen is probably down to Oklahoma and Maryland
So what grounds will Martell use for his waiver. Did OSU hurt his feelings by accepting Fields?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

So what grounds will Martell use for his waiver. Did OSU hurt his feelings by accepting Fields?
OSU scandals and Meyer leaving are two that jump to mind. No idea if they would pass muster.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I thought he also might end up out west with Wazzu
That ain't happening.

Into what? They already let him live a millionaire lifestyle as a college kid that everyone knew was a joke. This whole KM scenario burns my backside...
Too bad he is fixing to pony up and pay back some of those millions too.

I will pull for Jalen wherever he goes
Same here as long as he doesn't bash us (which I don't see happening) and as long as he doesn't end up with the barn or probably the corndogs. The rest I could probably root for him.

You couldn’t find anyone better for your program Owen!
No joke. He is not going to be one of those that parties and gets tackled on some other college campus by the cops, that's for sure. He has been class all the way here at Bama. I can't imagine anyone not wanting Jalen honestly. If it wasn't for a freak that rarely misses throws Jalen would be setting all kinds of records for us.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

Just seeing today that Austin Kendall is in transfer portal and visiting Auburn. If this isn't old news it would appear that Oklahoma offers a clear opportunity for Jalen. The discussion begins with Jalen becoming an instant Heisman candidate while operating the OU offense!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Just seeing today that Austin Kendall is in transfer portal and visiting Auburn. If this isn't old news it would appear that Oklahoma offers a clear opportunity for Jalen. The discussion begins with Jalen becoming an instant Heisman candidate while operating the OU offense!
The new part of what you post is his visiting Auburn. Don't know if that's been reported yet.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

The new part of what you post is his visiting Auburn. Don't know if that's been reported yet.
Nathan King of theAU Plainsman reporting on his twitter page. Appears to be a legit report.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

OU is not w/o question marks heading into '19. In terms of the offense he will have to deal with a totally new Oline ( except for the center ). KM stepped into a built in O with all parts in place. Skill wise we are loaded but hes got to be protected and we have to be able to run the ball. And then there's the defense. A whole new staff is coming in. 9 starters return. 2 straight excellent D recruiting classes. Now, having said all this he gets to play under a tremendous offensive mind and coach. Our Oline coach is outstanding. He has a chance to have an epic final college year but we are not w/o questions.

bamaltc

Scout Team
Dec 8, 2010
Florence, AL

Doesn't Jalen need to start classes somewhere soon if he's to participate in spring training?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

OU is not w/o question marks heading into '19. In terms of the offense he will have to deal with a totally new Oline ( except for the center ). KM stepped into a built in O with all parts in place. Skill wise we are loaded but hes got to be protected and we have to be able to run the ball. And then there's the defense. A whole new staff is coming in. 9 starters return. 2 straight excellent D recruiting classes. Now, having said all this he gets to play under a tremendous offensive mind and coach. Our Oline coach is outstanding. He has a chance to have an epic final college year but we are not w/o questions.
I think OU is pretty clearly his best choice if his goal/priorities are the NFL and/or putting up the best numbers in his final year.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

I think OU is pretty clearly his best choice if his goal/priorities are the NFL and/or putting up the best numbers in his final year.
All of ya'll taking about stats and number numbers to make it in the NFL. Does anybody know the last big twelve quarterback to win an NFL playoff game?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...qb-big-12-win-nfl-playoff-game-042714225.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.