Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

All of ya'll taking about stats and number numbers to make it in the NFL. Does anybody know the last big twelve quarterback to win an NFL playoff game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read that Patrick Mahomes was the first QB from a Big 12 school to win a playoff game. That's a wild stat..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

All of ya'll taking about stats and number numbers to make it in the NFL. Does anybody know the last big twelve quarterback to win an NFL playoff game?

Lincoln Riley has been a HC for 2 years and has 2 Heisman winners, 1 first round draft pick and the other guy looks like he'll be an early round pick at worst. The last big 12 QB to win a playoff game has no real relevance here.

The answer btw is Patrick Mahomes. This year.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

I read that Patrick Mahomes was the first QB from a Big 12 school to win a playoff game. That's a wild stat..
Wait. That can't be right, can it? Do we include Big 12 teams that were in the old SWC back when it existed and the players from that time frame? Not that I can name them, but there surely has to be a few.

irNate

1st Team
Nov 19, 2010
Snellville, GA

I think OU is pretty clearly his best choice if his goal/priorities are the NFL and/or putting up the best numbers in his final year.
I think he will put up big numbers where ever he goes... I just hope we don't have to play against him if he actually decides to transfer

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Lincoln Riley has been a HC for 2 years and has 2 Heisman winners, 1 first round draft pick and the other guy looks like he'll be an early round pick at worst. The last big 12 QB to win a playoff game has no real relevance here.

He's also the only one to win a playoff game. It's totally relevant as this is the conference everybody wants Jalen to go to in hopes of making the NFL.

Riley's backs have done nothing at this point. Mayfield has given Cleveland optimism for sure, but he still has to get better.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Wait. That can't be right, can it? Do we include Big 12 teams that were in the old SWC back when it existed and the players from that time frame? Not that I can name them, but there surely has to be a few.
It's from the current big 12, which formed in 1996. Basically modern nfl

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Well actually Kliff Kingsbury is trying to take all the credit for both PM and BM.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

He's also the only one to win a playoff game. It's totally relevant as this is the conference everybody wants Jalen to go to in hopes of making the NFL.

Riley's backs have done nothing at this point. Mayfield has given Cleveland optimism for sure, but he still has to get better.

Only one playoff game in 2 years?! Clearly not very good...

And fine if that's relevant then so is the fact that 2 of the best young QBs in the NFL this season are from the Big 12(Mahomes and Mayfield).

And, its not choosing a conference its choosing OU over Maryland and Miami.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Well actually Kliff Kingsbury is trying to take all the credit for both PM and BM.

He did coach Mayfield for one season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Oklahoma: Class started 1/14/2019. Final day to register 1/18/2019
Miami: Class started 1/14/2019. Final day to register 1/23/2019
TCU: Class started 1/14/2019 Final day to register 1/18/2019
Alabama: Class started 1/9/2019. Final day to register 1/16/2019 (Doubt he will come back because tomorrow would be last day for him to sign up)

I suspect Jalen will make decision between now and Thursday. He would have to move in sometime this weekend. Unless he already decided and is in process of moving. Doubt he would make announcement. Someone would have to see him on the campus and say " Jalen is on the campus!"

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

I think he should go to Miami. Coaches teach in different ways and this year showed that whatever method Enos uses relates to Jalen. Application of the lessons learned is what matters most. I don't think Jalen is afraid of competition, and the Miami program could use his experience as they try to get up off the mat and climb the ACC again.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Daily Caller is reporting that he is going to Maryland. If true this tells me that Jalen is maximizing relationships to ultimately get into a coaching career and not a championship at the collegiate level.

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Daily Caller is reporting that he is going to Maryland. If true this tells me that Jalen is maximizing relationships to ultimately get into a coaching career and not a championship at the collegiate level.
No. They said Maryland is favored.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.