Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

Unfortunately I heard last week that this isn’t out of the realm of possibility if he were to transfer.

I don’t understand why but supposedly it would be a consideration.

I hope not.
Isn't Auburn a possibility for like every college quarterback transfer ever?

Redstripe

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2012
Foley, Alabama
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

All the best to Jalen. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him pop up at Oklahoma, he might fit in well with Riley's offense.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

Unfortunately I heard last week that this isn’t out of the realm of possibility if he were to transfer.

I don’t understand why but supposedly it would be a consideration.

I hope not.
The AU stuff is almost assuredly originating from AU people trying to stir stuff up.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

The AU stuff is almost assuredly originating from AU people trying to stir stuff up.
Yep. With all the goodwill and love Bama fans have shown Jalen this year and his place in our history would instantly go away if he went on to be a Barner. I would put a .00001% chance of that taking place. Over 100 other landing spots.........

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

All the best to Jalen. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him pop up at Oklahoma, he might fit in well with Riley's offense.
You are hand grenade close. It is my understanding that Riley has reached out. Interestingly, he did not reach out to Fields. The scuttle is he sees Hurts' skills as ones he can work with in our O scheme. If KM leaves, and at this point there's lots of chatter that hes coming back, Hurts would be the bridge to Rattler who would RS. That would leave Hurts, Kendall, and Mordecai in our QB room but Kendall would probably transfer.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

You are hand grenade close. It is my understanding that Riley has reached out. Interestingly, he did not reach out to Fields. The scuttle is he sees Hurts' skills as ones he can work with in our O scheme. If KM leaves, and at this point there's lots of chatter that hes coming back, Hurts would be the bridge to Rattler who would RS. That would leave Hurts, Kendall, and Mordecai in our QB room but Kendall would probably transfer.
Interesting..... I had heard possibly TCU and Maryland but not OU

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx

Daboll had to get help to run option stuff. He's a mediocre pro guy, who had no clue how to use Hurts and who didn't want to use him either. That's just the facts of the situation as I understand them.

When you have an offensive coordinator who knows nothing about the college and and literally can't draw up plays for his quarterback, I know whose fault that is. Daboll's wanted to run his offense, and sorry but most college quarterbacks are not Tom Brady. His offense stinks this year to for the record, as it has most years, because... no Tom Brady.
Wanna know how I can tell that you get too worked up when anyone says a slightly negative thing about Hurts? I still think you might be his dad.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Third year on campus... same as Hurts this year actually.

He also knows both sides of the story, which was that Daboll couldn't draw up plays for Hurts and Locksley was the one that had to do it. Hurts did far better under Locksley this year, a 46 point jump in rating. Daboll was undermining Hurts, and I'm sure Locksley knows that. Anyone at this point who simply considered Hurts incompetent, after his play this season, after what he did against Georgia, is obviously blinded by their bias.
Thee are a lot of truths in this. DABOLL being an NFL type guy, didn’t play to Jalens strengths. Just an odd fit. We knew where Nick wanted to go with the offense, recruiting the wideouts and all, bringing in an NFL OC. But it didn’t work out and Jalen May have been a casualty.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

As for Jones, I don't see the two years on the bench and coming out to hand the ball off a few times as "experienced." I would be surprised if he is the #2 next year. Tua seems to, so far, have injury struggles, and the backup will need to play. I could easily see one of the two freshmen taking that spot.
That's funny because almost a year ago there were people saying Mac Jones should be the backup and Hurts wasn't good enough for the job...

Now he's not good enough to be the backup even with Hurts gone. I'm confused.

That aside, I'm not sure what Mac Jones did between now and then to go from the deserving #2 guy to the #4 guy. Can a true freshman come in and pass him up? Sure, that's happened before. But do you really burn a redshirt on a true freshman backup? Only if he's demonstrably better than the other guy, and obviously that hasn't been demonstrated yet. It could happen, it probably won't. Wait till the A-Day game at least to start demoting people...

Mac Jones has the most experience, he knows the offense, he's familiar with Enos, he knows the players, even if he hasn't thrown much he's been in several games. He's also still just as talented as that guy that was supposed to be #2 after the A-Day game, so you know there's that to. What I do know for sure though is as of right now he provides important depth and experience at the position.

I'm getting the feeling that Mac Jone's "sin" is that he wasn't good enough to surpass Jalen Hurts and thus isn't good enough to surpass anyone else either, or something along those lines...

I still think you might be his dad.
I appreciate your pettiness contributing to the conversation. Hurts is why Alabama won the SEC championship this year and he exemplifies everything Alabama should want in an athlete. I'd be proud to be his dad.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

KM may very well come back for his last year at OU. Riley is meeting with Murray and his parents this week. The possibility is he plays pro ball in the summer and returns for his final season in Norman. If not, Hurts would be a bridge to Rattler and Rattlern would RS.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

KM may very well come back for his last year at OU. Riley is meeting with Murray and his parents this week. The possibility is he plays pro ball in the summer and returns for his final season in Norman. If not, Hurts would be a bridge to Rattler and Rattlern would RS.
Crazy to me that he would come back. I could see taking a shot at the NFL I guess but even that seems a bit crazy to me.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Kinda surprised by this but I get it. Just thought him being gone was a foregone conclusion. Would make next season very interesting indeed.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.

Saw that the first time you said it a few spots up. Must be nice to have a few million in the bank while strolling around campus, for possibly two years now.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017

That's funny because almost a year ago there were people saying Mac Jones should be the backup and Hurts wasn't good enough for the job...

Now he's not good enough to be the backup even with Hurts gone. I'm confused.

That aside, I'm not sure what Mac Jones did between now and then to go from the deserving #2 guy to the #4 guy. Can a true freshman come in and pass him up? Sure, that's happened before. But do you really burn a redshirt on a true freshman backup? Only if he's demonstrably better than the other guy, and obviously that hasn't been demonstrated yet. It could happen, it probably won't. Wait till the A-Day game at least to start demoting people...

Mac Jones has the most experience, he knows the offense, he's familiar with Enos, he knows the players, even if he hasn't thrown much he's been in several games. He's also still just as talented as that guy that was supposed to be #2 after the A-Day game, so you know there's that to. What I do know for sure though is as of right now he provides important depth and experience at the position.

I'm getting the feeling that Mac Jone's "sin" is that he wasn't good enough to surpass Jalen Hurts and thus isn't good enough to surpass anyone else either, or something along those lines...

I appreciate your pettiness contributing to the conversation. Hurts is why Alabama won the SEC championship this year and he exemplifies everything Alabama should want in an athlete. I'd be proud to be his dad.
Agree with you totally on Jalen . It is my uninformed opinion but I am doubtful if Mack Jones will ever start for Alabama.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Good luck Jalen if this is what you chose to do, but please don't pick Auburn. That would be like your best friend dating your ex, while making a sex tape with her that goes public and all of your friends and family see it ... and he gets her pregnant at the same time.
Fixed it for you :biggrin:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Ok, see how did Murray get a fifth year? He played a year at A&M, transferred and sat out a year , and played two years at OU. I know he didn’t redshirt, but I thought transferring burned a year of eligibility.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Crazy to me that he would come back. I could see taking a shot at the NFL I guess but even that seems a bit crazy to me.
If I'm not mistaken (good chance there is) - making a lot of money isn't guaranteed in baseball like it is in football. He got the ~$4.5 million signing bonus, but I think he'll have to work his way up through the farm league before he plays MLB. That may take a short time, but it could also take a decade. NFL money is guaranteed day one, so if he goes in the first round (which is almost guaranteed, I'd think, despite is tiny stature) he'd be contractually guaranteed a lot of cash, right out of the gate.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Ok, see how did Murray get a fifth year? He played a year at A&M, transferred and sat out a year , and played two years at OU. I know he didn’t redshirt, but I thought transferring burned a year of eligibility.
Nope, you have five years to play four, essentially. No different than a RS or medical RS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.