Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas_tide

Scout Team
Oct 16, 2018
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

TCU is my bet.

Plus his dad looking at ft worth real estate last eeek a no brainer.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

I agree with Mac likely transferring. I like him and he is apparently a tough, smart young man, but if Taulia and Tyson are as good as advertised he won't start. He would be better off at a Group of 5 program where he could start for at least two years. As for Taulia and Tyson, I do not expect both of them to be in Tuscaloosa more than a year or two. It is what college quarterbacking has come to.
Jalen transfer=Mac Jones staying.
Jalen staying=Mac Jones transferring.

I do not see CNS going with two freshmen QBs as backup nor would he be comfortable with that situation. One of Tualia/Tyson, imo, will likely redshirt.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

Jalen transfer=Mac Jones staying.
Jalen staying=Mac Jones transferring.

I do not see CNS going with two freshmen QBs as backup nor would he be comfortable with that situation. One of Tualia/Tyson, imo, will likely redshirt.
I think you may be right...... I think either Taulia or Tyson redshirt and are around when the 2020 QB comes on board

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

If I'm not mistaken (good chance there is) - making a lot of money isn't guaranteed in baseball like it is in football. He got the ~$4.5 million signing bonus, but I think he'll have to work his way up through the farm league before he plays MLB. That may take a short time, but it could also take a decade. NFL money is guaranteed day one, so if he goes in the first round (which is almost guaranteed, I'd think, despite is tiny stature) he'd be contractually guaranteed a lot of cash, right out of the gate.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...

He's made 4.5 million and hasn't stepped foot on the diamond yet. If you don't think that's a lot of money, are you taking applications for a younger, more handsome brother? [emoji23][emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

Whatever Jalen decides to do I for one will be forever grateful for the job he's done.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

A lot of balls in the air out here in short grass country. KM apparently considering coming back to OU for his last year. Hurts is definitely on Riley's radar. My instincts tell me that if KM comes back, Hurts goes to TCU. If Murray decides to play baseball or enter the NFL draft, Its better than 50/50 Hurts enrolls at OU. Our LT, Bobby Evan's just announced for the draft. He and Murray played at Allen H.S. together so that might be an indicator that Murray is not coming back. We will know by 1/14.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

Not sure what spot would be best for Jalen.

Holgersen would probably utilizes Jalen ‘s abilities really well at Houston but The American Conf. wouldn’t be the best place to be noticed.

Texas A&M would probably be ideal. Jalen is way better than Mond and staying in the SEC will keep him highly visible.

I’m not sold on OU being a good landing spot because even if KM leaves they have Spencer Rattler coming in off of tearing the Elite 11 up.

I will cheer for Jalen wherever he goes though.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I still kinda feel like it will be Maryland or TCU...................could be wrong though, but his familiarity with Locksley might tip him in that direction

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

There is also a much higher risk of long term physical problems playing football. Having $4.6 million (minus taxes) in the bank at age 21 should have you set for life unless you go crazy.

He may only have one big free agency contract coming in baseball, but I would advise him to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally disagree with the two to three years in the minors assessment. With his arm and speed, he only has to hit .250 in the minors and he’ll be in the bigs in a year; IF he’s a base thief, which his speed should almost guarantee.
Unless baseball has changed, every club desires a lead off with speed who can get on base. I’m not sure how many are in the bigs now with his speed. All he needs in the minors is perfecting bunting and a .250 average and I think he’s in.
Now I’ve never seen him play, so I’m basing this on him having a good glove. There is no doubting his arm.
The question he has to answer is; does he want to endure the physical demands of football for more money immediately? Or does he really think he’s All-Star quality and will sign a $50 million baseball contract before he’s thirty?
Based on his place in the baseball draft, I’m guessing odds are good the latter is a very real possibility. Curious to see what he thinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Not sure what spot would be best for Jalen.

Holgersen would probably utilizes Jalen ‘s abilities really well at Houston but The American Conf. wouldn’t be the best place to be noticed.
I don't think he has to get noticed though, he's already proven he has the intangibles to go along with good physical abilities and toughness. If he can put up good passing numbers at Houston, it should check the final box.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

Based on what Jalen wore off the bus to pregame Monday night, I would put my money on TCU at the transfer destination...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

TCU is my bet.

Plus his dad looking at ft worth real estate last eeek a no brainer.
If this is true, then it’s TCU. Best fit IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

If Hurts comes they will likely RS Rattler. Or at least try to.
Watched him in the All Star game and he needs year or two to develop, IMO. He has the tools, but he takes too long to make decisions. Jalen would be perfect in that system.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

To me, the obvious choices would be the Texas schools- Houston, TCU, possibly Baylor. Close to home.

I’m wondering if Jalen would fit for someone like Neal Brown and his offense at West Virginia
Houston? Could be interesting.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

Evans has announced he is leaving for the draft. He and Murray are best friends and along with Lee Morris all played for Allen H.S. and won 3 straight state championships. I think this means Murray has decided not to come back and will enter the NFL draft. This puts Hurts in play at OU.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Evans has announced he is leaving for the draft. He and Murray are best friends and along with Lee Morris all played for Allen H.S. and won 3 straight state championships. I think this means Murray has decided not to come back and will enter the NFL draft. This puts Hurts in play at OU.
I read that if Murray comes back for another season of football, he has to return the $$$ (contract language).

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

I for one think Hurts to OU is a long shot, but if you feel it’s 50/50 , you might want to look at a sports book, because OU is going off at +2000 right now

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

They’ll redshirt Rattler. I honestly think Hurts would win the heisman at OU over Trevor Lawrence at Clemson next season if given the opportunity to start in Norman.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.