Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU) - Page 7
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Louisville Kentucky, via Birmingham Alabama

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

BamaNation Hall of Fame

If not here then I think he's gonna go to University of Houston and toss it around in the Holgs air raid variant to improve his viability as a passer in the eyes of NFL scouts.
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    I Read that article, but I also know the Hard cap in the NFL is $171 million and the soft cap in baseball is $206 million with 5 teams over that cap, divided amongst fewer players. So someone is getting paid somewhere. Unfortunately , Murray was drafted by the cheapest team in baseball. If memory serves , Aaron Rodgers signed the very first fully guaranteed contract in the history of the league this offseason. And all the oldest players in the NFL are all kickers. So that skews the age numbers quoted in the article. There are a few old guys playing QB like Breeze, Brady, etc. but That article cherry picks facts to support their position, which is OK. But Murray’s slight Frame and style of play would suggest his NFL career may be shorter than his MLB Career.
    Last edited by bamaga; January 9th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    If not here then I think he's gonna go to University of Houston and toss it around in the Holgs air raid variant to improve his viability as a passer in the eyes of NFL scouts.
    That would be almost as fun for me as him going to UMD. My little sister goes to Houston right now(though she may be transferring) so I would hopefully get a chance to see him play

Jalenís leadership alone made him at least 2nd string. Even as a backup , if you watched the ESPN show on fall camp , you could see who the leader on offense was. The whole team listened to Jalen.
    to 16 and beyond........

I see at the bottom of that article that Diggs is returning , not that I thought he wouldn’t. But it’s nice that he is!
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-SEC

Some of those teams are a bit surprising to see upon first glance. Like UCLA. Then when I thought about who their coach was, I could see that as a possibility, though I doubt he wants to go that far west. FAU would not likely set him up very well for going to the NFL, but I would bet he gets to play and we all have seen Kiffin make the most of what Jalen brings to the table. I don't think he fits well with Leach's type offense at WSU, though, but he did manage to make what's his name look good this year. I don't see any of the SEC teams mentioned as being very likely at all.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    KM may very well come back for his last year at OU. Riley is meeting with Murray and his parents this week. The possibility is he plays pro ball in the summer and returns for his final season in Norman. If not, Hurts would be a bridge to Rattler and Rattlern would RS.
    That would be a huge risk, wouldn't it?

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

Quote Originally Posted by bamaee04 View Post
    Honestly, I could see Mac Jones transferring as well. Other than being the holder, he won't see much playing time next year as I feel pretty confident that either Taulia and/or Paul Tyson could pass him on the chart.
    I agree with Mac likely transferring. I like him and he is apparently a tough, smart young man, but if Taulia and Tyson are as good as advertised he won't start. He would be better off at a Group of 5 program where he could start for at least two years. As for Taulia and Tyson, I do not expect both of them to be in Tuscaloosa more than a year or two. It is what college quarterbacking has come to.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

hearing that he in looking to follow Locksley to Maryland. Seems like a good move to me
    "There is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist." - Terry Pratchett

Houston actually makes a lot of sense - Holgerson's offense and it's where he's from.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I agree with Mac likely transferring. I like him and he is apparently a tough, smart young man, but if Taulia and Tyson are as good as advertised he won't start. He would be better off at a Group of 5 program where he could start for at least two years. As for Taulia and Tyson, I do not expect both of them to be in Tuscaloosa more than a year or two. It is what college quarterbacking has come to.
    It'll be intesting to see how this unfolds and how CNS utilizes the new 4 game rule.

But first we'll get to see them in the A-day game since both are early enrollees.

They are such different specimens:

Taulia is build much more like his brother: shorter, compact, but a fast release and a strong arm.

Tyson is build much more like Trevor Lawrence: long, tall, but moves well and has a strong arm too.

Edit: As for Mac Jones, my uninformed opinion is those two freshmen may just have higher ceilings and bigger arms. I could see him getting passed by.

I'm tempted to start another thread just about next year's backup, but I'd like to see what Jalen is planning to do.
    Last edited by BamaMoon; January 9th, 2019 at 04:17 PM.

BamaNation All-SEC luvthat_TIDE's Avatar

Can he still look at NFL option. May not be in his best interest. But not many QBs coming out.