Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU) - Page 8
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

Quote Originally Posted by luvthat_TIDE View Post
    Can he still look at NFL option. May not be in his best interest. But not many QBs coming out.
    That's my thinking. I think the QB class is going to be much better next year.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

What about A&M? (the Texas version)

BamaNation Hall of Fame CoastGhost's Avatar

The UCLA option is interesting. I would love to watch him light up the PAC 10, especially USC, and we would get to watch him play the late games!

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    That's my thinking. I think the QB class is going to be much better next year.
    Remember he can always redshirt, now that might not seem like an attractive option, but if he wants to prepare himself fully for the NFL, finding a place that handles QBs well and redshirting should be a possibility.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post
    Remember he can always redshirt, now that might not seem like an attractive option, but if he wants to prepare himself fully for the NFL, finding a place that handles QBs well and redshirting should be a possibility.
    I would think if he is willing to redshirt, he should do it at ALABAMA .
    to 16 and beyond........

Word on the street here in Texas, is that Gary Patterson and TCU will open dialogue with Hurts. So maybe he becomes a TCU Frog. We'll see though. There are far worse places to go than TCU. Patterson is a good coach with tenure and TCU always seems to be a QB away of overtaking that Big 12 conference and doing good things. Hurts would fit in there with that TCU RPO/HUNH spread attack.

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I would think if he is willing to redshirt, he should do it at ALABAMA .
    I don't think that's necessarily helpful longterm for either party.

I'm a big Hurts supporter, but if he stays it is as most to be a one year starter, right? And in return Alabama has to keep his seat warm, they can't really use him as a backup this season to preserve his redshirt, but they have to give him practice reps to keep him fresh, and all the while they have to try to keep the other young guys around and happy.

There's a lot of places he could go with a lot less depth and a lot less pressure. Not everyone has two 4 star/top ten quarterback recruits, and another top 20 guy stashed on the team as well. Some teams only have one decent quarterback and would be more than happy to give up practice reps to Hurts and to redshirt him, I have my doubts if Saban would go along with that.
    Last edited by KrAzY3; January 9th, 2019 at 05:33 PM.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by CoastGhost View Post
    What about A&M? (the Texas version)
    No. He'll go to TCU before he goes to A&M. Frogs were one of the teams who actually recruited Hurts when he came out of HS. I think Hurts would make TCU a legit contender in that Big 12 conference. They always have good skilled position talent there. They just need a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Loam View Post
    No. He'll go to TCU before he goes to A&M. Frogs were one of the teams who actually recruited Hurts when he came out of HS. I think Hurts would make TCU a legit contender in that Big 12 conference. They always have good skilled position talent there. They just need a good QB.
    I think TCU is a real good spot for him, playing in the big 12, throwing the ball all over the lot . If he wants to showcase his arm, I think that might be a very favorable spot.
    to 16 and beyond........

TCU is my bet.

Plus his dad looking at ft worth real estate last eeek a no brainer.

BamaNation All-American CrimsonTheory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    I agree with Mac likely transferring. I like him and he is apparently a tough, smart young man, but if Taulia and Tyson are as good as advertised he won't start. He would be better off at a Group of 5 program where he could start for at least two years. As for Taulia and Tyson, I do not expect both of them to be in Tuscaloosa more than a year or two. It is what college quarterbacking has come to.
    Jalen transfer=Mac Jones staying.
    Jalen staying=Mac Jones transferring.

I do not see CNS going with two freshmen QBs as backup nor would he be comfortable with that situation. One of Tualia/Tyson, imo, will likely redshirt.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTheory View Post
    Jalen transfer=Mac Jones staying.
    Jalen staying=Mac Jones transferring.

I do not see CNS going with two freshmen QBs as backup nor would he be comfortable with that situation. One of Tualia/Tyson, imo, will likely redshirt.
    I think you may be right...... I think either Taulia or Tyson redshirt and are around when the 2020 QB comes on board

BamaNation Hall of Fame AlexanderFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    If I'm not mistaken (good chance there is) - making a lot of money isn't guaranteed in baseball like it is in football. He got the ~$4.5 million signing bonus, but I think he'll have to work his way up through the farm league before he plays MLB. That may take a short time, but it could also take a decade. NFL money is guaranteed day one, so if he goes in the first round (which is almost guaranteed, I'd think, despite is tiny stature) he'd be contractually guaranteed a lot of cash, right out of the gate.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here...
    He's made 4.5 million and hasn't stepped foot on the diamond yet. If you don't think that's a lot of money, are you taking applications for a younger, more handsome brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's not luck, it's random bursts of talent." - Gage Robinson