Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

To me, Big 12 country makes the most sense. OU, TCU, or even Houston. He will throw the ball a ton, run a lot of read option and rack up rushing yards, and never face a living, breathing defense until the post season. He will most likely be in the running for the Heisman due to the numbers he will put up coupled with his already being so well known. It would be bittersweet indeed, but I could see him having a season like that at those schools. Heck, go to OU and he'd be the favorite before the season started!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

To me, Big 12 country makes the most sense. OU, TCU, or even Houston. He will throw the ball a ton, run a lot of read option and rack up rushing yards, and never face a living, breathing defense until the post season. He will most likely be in the running for the Heisman due to the numbers he will put up coupled with his already being so well known. It would be bittersweet indeed, but I could see him having a season like that at those schools. Heck, go to OU and he'd be the favorite before the season started!
Exactly my thinking. If a school like OU wants you, why would you turn that down to go to Houston or TCU?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

I don't see him going to FSU. I could see Miami or OU. I also think he should think about Houston, they just hired a QB-friendly HC in Holgorsen (sp?), it's his hometown and they are well known for being a good program. But he will have his choice of many schools I would imagine.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Well, wherever Jalen might transfer, unless it`s to one of our rivals ( I just can`t see Jalen doing that ), that team is assured of a significantly expanded fan base, if only for a year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Maryland reporters saying Jalen is going to be on campus this weekend.

Miami reporters saying he'll possibly be on campus Sunday.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

If OU's QB transfers(he is on the portal i guess?) you gotta think they either expect Jalen or their Freshman to beat him out

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

Austin Kendall, OU's #2 QB has entered the transfer portal. These tells me one of 2 things are about to happen: KM is coming back or JH is coming to OU. Either way this makes Tanner Mordecai the #2 and Spencer Rattler likely RS's.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Austin Kendall, OU's #2 QB has entered the transfer portal. These tells me one of 2 things are about to happen: KM is coming back or JH is coming to OU. Either way this makes Tanner Mordecai the #2 and Spencer Rattler likely RS's.
I’d be shocked if KM comes back or JH comes to OU. Probably just Kendall realizing he’s not going to win the job this year..

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017

Can KM come back at this point? I thought he was entertaining the draft

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com

Everything about KM is speculation at this point. Most pundents as well as the A's think he'll enter the NFL draft but he hasn't announced anything yet. I think he must announce by 1/14/19 but not sure about that. Gil Brandt, former Cowboy executive and a close friend of the OU program keeps tweeting comments that give indications he is coming back to OU. Frankly, it's all speculative bs at this point.

alamojo

Jan 8, 2018

It's best he transfer. He already benefited from Eno... Let him show his improved skill under the right offense. He just need to go where there is good QB coach.
And to Miami with Enos he goes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.