Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU) - Page 9
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151619 ... LastLast

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

Whatever Jalen decides to do I for one will be forever grateful for the job he's done.

Big-12 All American owenfieldreams's Avatar

Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal"

A lot of balls in the air out here in short grass country. KM apparently considering coming back to OU for his last year. Hurts is definitely on Riley's radar. My instincts tell me that if KM comes back, Hurts goes to TCU. If Murray decides to play baseball or enter the NFL draft, Its better than 50/50 Hurts enrolls at OU. Our LT, Bobby Evan's just announced for the draft. He and Murray played at Allen H.S. together so that might be an indicator that Murray is not coming back. We will know by 1/14.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Not sure what spot would be best for Jalen.

Holgersen would probably utilizes Jalen Ďs abilities really well at Houston but The American Conf. wouldnít be the best place to be noticed.

Texas A&M would probably be ideal. Jalen is way better than Mond and staying in the SEC will keep him highly visible.

Iím not sold on OU being a good landing spot because even if KM leaves they have Spencer Rattler coming in off of tearing the Elite 11 up.

I will cheer for Jalen wherever he goes though.

BamaNation All-SEC

I still kinda feel like it will be Maryland or TCU...................could be wrong though, but his familiarity with Locksley might tip him in that direction

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    There is also a much higher risk of long term physical problems playing football. Having $4.6 million (minus taxes) in the bank at age 21 should have you set for life unless you go crazy.

He may only have one big free agency contract coming in baseball, but I would advise him to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I totally disagree with the two to three years in the minors assessment. With his arm and speed, he only has to hit .250 in the minors and heíll be in the bigs in a year; IF heís a base thief, which his speed should almost guarantee.
    Unless baseball has changed, every club desires a lead off with speed who can get on base. Iím not sure how many are in the bigs now with his speed. All he needs in the minors is perfecting bunting and a .250 average and I think heís in.
    Now Iíve never seen him play, so Iím basing this on him having a good glove. There is no doubting his arm.
    The question he has to answer is; does he want to endure the physical demands of football for more money immediately? Or does he really think heís All-Star quality and will sign a $50 million baseball contract before heís thirty?
    Based on his place in the baseball draft, Iím guessing odds are good the latter is a very real possibility. Curious to see what he thinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

If Hurts comes they will likely RS Rattler. Or at least try to.

Quote Originally Posted by tusks_n_raider View Post
    Not sure what spot would be best for Jalen.

Holgersen would probably utilizes Jalen ‘s abilities really well at Houston but The American Conf. wouldn’t be the best place to be noticed.
    I don't think he has to get noticed though, he's already proven he has the intangibles to go along with good physical abilities and toughness. If he can put up good passing numbers at Houston, it should check the final box.
    Apologies if I said anything that could be construed as a personal insult.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American

Based on what Jalen wore off the bus to pregame Monday night, I would put my money on TCU at the transfer destination...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by Texas_tide View Post
    TCU is my bet.

Plus his dad looking at ft worth real estate last eeek a no brainer.
    If this is true, then itís TCU. Best fit IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    If Hurts comes they will likely RS Rattler. Or at least try to.
    Watched him in the All Star game and he needs year or two to develop, IMO. He has the tools, but he takes too long to make decisions. Jalen would be perfect in that system.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    To me, the obvious choices would be the Texas schools- Houston, TCU, possibly Baylor. Close to home.

Iím wondering if Jalen would fit for someone like Neal Brown and his offense at West Virginia
    Houston? Could be interesting.

Evans has announced he is leaving for the draft. He and Murray are best friends and along with Lee Morris all played for Allen H.S. and won 3 straight state championships. I think this means Murray has decided not to come back and will enter the NFL draft. This puts Hurts in play at OU.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by owenfieldreams View Post
    Evans has announced he is leaving for the draft. He and Murray are best friends and along with Lee Morris all played for Allen H.S. and won 3 straight state championships. I think this means Murray has decided not to come back and will enter the NFL draft. This puts Hurts in play at OU.
    I read that if Murray comes back for another season of football, he has to return the $$$ (contract language).