Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portal (Hurts transfers to OU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Re: Just Heard On Radio "Jalen Hurts Enters Transfer Portial"

I know there are some who think he should stay and play and keep getting Enos' coaching, but I think he needs to go somewhere and play a whole year and show what he might have learned since starting his first two years at Bama.

If he does, I wish him 100% success out side of playing against us.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL

I know there are some who think he should stay and play and keep getting Enos' coaching, but I think he needs to go somewhere and play a whole year and show what he might have learned since starting his first two years at Bama.

If he does, I wish him 100% success out side of playing against us.
Even if he does choose to stay, he has to enter his name into the portal to allow other schools to contact him - so he has to do this to be able to just consider his options.

From a purely business standpoint, his best option is almost certainly to transfer to a good program losing a QB where he could start for a year and show off his new skills.

If he does transfer, I'll wish him all the success in the world unless he's playing Bama and he'll always be one of my all-time favorite Bama players.

...Unless, of course, he beats Bama and costs us a championship next year - then I'll drop him down a peg or two. :biggrin2:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

It's best he transfer. He already benefited from Eno... Let him show his improved skill under the right offense. He just need to go where there is good QB coach.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

I just hope it's not to AU. Really anywhere else and I'll fully support him..

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA

I am always going to be a Jalen Hurts fan. He is a model by which I can point to when talking to my kids about overcoming obstacles. I just pray he doesn't choose another SEC school.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

The Transfer Portial sounds like something similar to a phone booth you get into before they beam you up, Star Trek style.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Outside of Tua having a season-ending injury next year, Jalen isn't going to be featured as a QB in a capacity that gives scouts the knowledge they need to draft him. Sure, if Jalen had a crystal ball and knew Tua would go down after a game or two he probably would stay and we would likely be better off with him than MJ or one of the freshmen.

I've said it before, but since this seems a possibility now, I also think it will best for our other QB's development for Jalen to move on. If Jalen stays and Tua remains healthy, how does this affect Mac Jones, Taulia and Tyson getting reps?

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL

Honestly, I could see Mac Jones transferring as well. Other than being the holder, he won't see much playing time next year as I feel pretty confident that either Taulia and/or Paul Tyson could pass him on the chart.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN

I thought he really might consider the draft. I do believe transferring is a better option than staying, just not the SECW or USC or ut. any other options are on the table and he will always be loved by bama.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Note to Moderators...

There seems to be an extra "i" in the title.

I'd like to see him wind up in a conference where they focus on offense and ignore the defense and find out just how much his passing has improved.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

MARYLAND, TCU, maybe MIAMI , FSU. He will always be a BAMA man!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Sad to see him go but I wish him the best of luck -- maybe Maryland. I think this is the best for him and any future aspirations to the NFL. He's been a great and loyal teammate to Alabama, but now he needs to take care of himself. Good luck, Jalen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.