Gus Malzahn is one of the top-5 highest paid head coaches in college football...
    BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Gus Malzahn is one of the top-5 highest paid head coaches in college football...

...and Nick Saban isn't going anywhere soon.

Just thought I'd remind everyone that things could be much, much, much, much, much worse: we could be Barn fans.

Also, replying to Barner posts on social media with the above little fact seems to shut them up fairly quickly.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame selmaborntidefan's Avatar

Re: Gus Malzahn is one of the top-5 highest paid head coaches in college football...

I got into it with a Barner on Twitter during the game.

The bozo - where do they find these cherry picking dweebs? - said something about Alabama had missed more kicks in this year than Auburn has missed in a decade.

I then said, "Quick - do the national championship comparison."

He then bashed me as some "typical Alabama fan" who finds my life has meaning thanks to what 18-year old strangers I've never met do.

I pointed out irony is completely lost on him.

I've met a lot of good Auburn fans, folks who can both admire their product and make fun of things that, well, are funny.

But a lot of them.....
    My New Year's resolution for 2019 is this year I'm not going to drink anymore. I'm not going to drink any less, either.

I was married for 25 years, but if I'd killed her on the honeymoon, I'd have been out in less than 20.

Butch Jones has richly earned his title, The Archbishop of Talentbury

After reading all the horrible things drinking will do to you....I gave up reading.

BamaNation All-American AlistarWills's Avatar

Re: Gus Malzahn is one of the top-5 highest paid head coaches in college football...

Thereís so much thatís funny in that.

Yep without Gus we wouldn't have even known what the twirlybird was. Pure genius.

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

If the auburn powers that be are okay with 7-10 wins every year then they have their man.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    If the auburn powers that be are okay with 7-10 wins every year then they have their man.
    I think they are planning to give him an extension for another five years since he did some interviews on the same field where Bama lost by twenty-eight.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

They are due to be up next year and if they beat us in JHS then I expect them to give him a lifetime contract. As long as they beat us, thatís really all they care about.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings