Question: any thoughts to why CNS seemed so calm vs. his fiery self? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Question: any thoughts to why CNS seemed so calm vs. his fiery self?

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    You're probably right about the timing but I can't help but feel we have peaked during the LSU game several times over the last decade. And then it's a slow decline until the SEC championship game is over and we get built back up over the month off in December. We look great in our bowl game. Since the CFP, we've always looked depleted in the NC game, after usually looking fantastic in the semi-final.
    I wish we would play LSU and Auburn earlier in the season. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd would be fine with me.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

The team was already rattled. No reason to make it worse.

BamaNation All-American

I donít think we can really appreciate the level of dysfunction we witnessed the other night without being on the inside. I saw a team completely lost on defense behind the DL while also our DLs were gimpy. I think defense confidence was broken because I think they know when they are put in position to win which they clearly were not the other night.

What we saw Monday night was very reminiscent but way worse to what we saw 2012 A&M when first realized that CKS has virtually no clue how to defend a HUNH spread and OC DN calling pass plays deep in the red zone instead of runs that were working.

The biggest question we have to answer is whether CNS wants to rebuild this yet again or go coach in the NFL where he can do that well into his 70s and just deal with professionals. Because itís fairly evident that elite and ultra competitive assistant coaching ability is very in CF today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    I don’t think we can really appreciate the level of dysfunction we witnessed the other night without being on the inside. I saw a team completely lost on defense behind the DL while also our DLs were gimpy. I think defense confidence was broken because I think they know when they are put in position to win which they clearly were not the other night.

What we saw Monday night was very reminiscent but way worse to what we saw 2012 A&M when first realized that CKS has virtually no clue how to defend a HUNH spread and OC DN calling pass plays deep in the red zone instead of runs that were working.

The biggest question we have to answer is whether CNS wants to rebuild this yet again or go coach in the NFL where he can do that well into his 70s and just deal with professionals. Because it’s fairly evident that elite and ultra competitive assistant coaching ability is very in CF today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think Saban wants to rebuild it again........I don't think he has lost the desire to do it, but it does make you think

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keeter View Post
    I think Saban wants to rebuild it again........I don't think he has lost the desire to do it, but it does make you think
    I think Saban likes rebuilding mode because there are no rules, no trends to not mess up, the players aren't so full of themselves. They got humiliated, they got owned. If they even tried to be arrogant on twitter it would be an avalanche of laughter. This is where you become a better player, when nobody is watching you because you ARE nobody. We need to find what we had in 2009.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    I think Saban likes rebuilding mode because there are no rules, no trends to not mess up, the players aren't so full of themselves. They got humiliated, they got owned. If they even tried to be arrogant on twitter it would be an avalanche of laughter. This is where you become a better player, when nobody is watching you because you ARE nobody. We need to find what we had in 2009.
    Yeah, regaining the hunger and becoming the hunter instead of the hunted will help in the long term