Question: any thoughts to why CNS seemed so calm vs. his fiery self?

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I don’t think we can really appreciate the level of dysfunction we witnessed the other night without being on the inside. I saw a team completely lost on defense behind the DL while also our DLs were gimpy. I think defense confidence was broken because I think they know when they are put in position to win which they clearly were not the other night.

What we saw Monday night was very reminiscent but way worse to what we saw 2012 A&M when first realized that CKS has virtually no clue how to defend a HUNH spread and OC DN calling pass plays deep in the red zone instead of runs that were working.

The biggest question we have to answer is whether CNS wants to rebuild this yet again or go coach in the NFL where he can do that well into his 70s and just deal with professionals. Because it’s fairly evident that elite and ultra competitive assistant coaching ability is very in CF today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I don’t think we can really appreciate the level of dysfunction we witnessed the other night without being on the inside. I saw a team completely lost on defense behind the DL while also our DLs were gimpy. I think defense confidence was broken because I think they know when they are put in position to win which they clearly were not the other night.

What we saw Monday night was very reminiscent but way worse to what we saw 2012 A&M when first realized that CKS has virtually no clue how to defend a HUNH spread and OC DN calling pass plays deep in the red zone instead of runs that were working.

The biggest question we have to answer is whether CNS wants to rebuild this yet again or go coach in the NFL where he can do that well into his 70s and just deal with professionals. Because it’s fairly evident that elite and ultra competitive assistant coaching ability is very in CF today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think Saban wants to rebuild it again........I don't think he has lost the desire to do it, but it does make you think

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think Saban wants to rebuild it again........I don't think he has lost the desire to do it, but it does make you think
I think Saban likes rebuilding mode because there are no rules, no trends to not mess up, the players aren't so full of themselves. They got humiliated, they got owned. If they even tried to be arrogant on twitter it would be an avalanche of laughter. This is where you become a better player, when nobody is watching you because you ARE nobody. We need to find what we had in 2009.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think Saban likes rebuilding mode because there are no rules, no trends to not mess up, the players aren't so full of themselves. They got humiliated, they got owned. If they even tried to be arrogant on twitter it would be an avalanche of laughter. This is where you become a better player, when nobody is watching you because you ARE nobody. We need to find what we had in 2009.
Yeah, regaining the hunger and becoming the hunter instead of the hunted will help in the long term

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.