Best responses to Clemson fans - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Hall of Fame

Re: Best responses to Clemson fans

I'd probably just say "Y'all whooped us but we'll getcha next time."
    I owe it to the people to have a signature...so here goes nothing!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HMM View Post
    I've taken a lot from the guys at work. I've let them have their fun. I high 5'd the Clemson fans and told them they earned it. I've won the jersey bet 4 years in a row now from the Tennessee fans and I've posted their pics up for the world to see in our control center. I've even helped them by sharing the memes I've found that they haven't seen yet. It's all in good fun for us for the most part. One of the other Bama guys called in sick because he didn't want to hear it...lol No sense ducking it; might as well laugh, congratulate and move on. Thankfully we've had a great run and don't have to experience this often!
    Great attitude, and it keeps things from getting ugly at work. It also means that they will move on faster.

BamaNation All-American

Hat tip and handshake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    I just tip my cap and congratulate them. Let their fans crow a bit. Dabo got it right, though. Clemson is playing as well as anyone in the country right now, but Alabama is still in the midst of the greatest dynasty in the history of the game.
    Not to turn this into a "Dabo the next HC of Bama" discussion. But I listened to him say the above and it sure does sound like (along with other things he's said) a guy making a strategic attempt at not saying anything that could be perceived as negative or trash talk. Whereas, I've heard Dabo get a bit highschoolish when talking about victories against other programs.
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

I’m actually proud of the way most Bama fans have handled this. There have been a few that make us look bad, but the way I look at it, our trophy case is full! I’m content with that! The best way to diffuse is to acknowledge they won, Congrats, and move on.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Not to turn this into a "Dabo the next HC of Bama" discussion. But I listened to him say the above and it sure does sound like (along with other things he's said) a guy making a strategic attempt at not saying anything that could be perceived as negative or trash talk. Whereas, I've heard Dabo get a bit highschoolish when talking about victories against other programs.
    No matter what anyone here thinks of him, he clearly still has a lot of love for Alabama.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamaga View Post
    I’m actually proud of the way most Bama fans have handled this. There have been a few that make us look bad, but the way I look at it, our trophy case is full! I’m content with that! The best way to diffuse is to acknowledge they won, Congrats, and move on.
    I am too! I don't even want to THINK about "the next coach of Alabama" yet....

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Without Alabama, y’all wouldn’t have any NC’s.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    No matter what anyone here thinks of him, he clearly still has a lot of love for Alabama.
    I remember when they beat Auburn in a game a few years ago you could tell it made him so giddy he couldn't hardly contain himself. That's a Bama boy through and through.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

My response was Congratulations. Great game.
    We were outplayed and out coached this time.
    Dabo and Brent Venables had a heck of a game plan.
    'Hope we meet again this next season'.

BamaNation All-SEC

Well, you know when Mama calls........

Really enjoyed the Clemson fans I ran into. Seemed for the most part to act like they belong there or had been there before.

BamaNation All-American RammerJammer15's Avatar

Told them Congrats and how we havenít gotten are butts whooped like that in over 15 years so thatís a first.

Really I havenít had a problem with Clemson fans, itís been Auburn fans living vicariously through Clemson.