Best responses to Clemson fans

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Okay, so we lost. Not the first time and not the last. Hey, it happens.

But since there's not one thing any of us can do about it, we can at least go on living and have a little fun with it.

So, let's share some responses to trash-talking fans of other teams, especially Clemson.

I'll start:

"Great job! Congratulations! Just think, only a mere 15 MORE of those and you'll be TIED with us historically!"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I just tip my cap and congratulate them. Let their fans crow a bit. Dabo got it right, though. Clemson is playing as well as anyone in the country right now, but Alabama is still in the midst of the greatest dynasty in the history of the game.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I just tip my cap and congratulate them. Let their fans crow a bit. Dabo got it right, though. Clemson is playing as well as anyone in the country right now, but Alabama is still in the midst of the greatest dynasty in the history of the game.
That's usually the best thing to do...............

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
This is the seventh national championship that Alabama has lost in my lifetime. It’s bound to happen sooner or later.

This was strange game for me. I fell asleep in the second quarter and was in bed by 10:00 ET. I watched the second half the next morning so I felt it coming.

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The only response ill give them is too say congrats on the most complete beat down from the coaching standpoint & all the way down the beat down checklist..

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
I've taken a lot from the guys at work. I've let them have their fun. I high 5'd the Clemson fans and told them they earned it. I've won the jersey bet 4 years in a row now from the Tennessee fans and I've posted their pics up for the world to see in our control center. I've even helped them by sharing the memes I've found that they haven't seen yet. It's all in good fun for us for the most part. One of the other Bama guys called in sick because he didn't want to hear it...lol No sense ducking it; might as well laugh, congratulate and move on. Thankfully we've had a great run and don't have to experience this often!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've taken a lot from the guys at work. I've let them have their fun. I high 5'd the Clemson fans and told them they earned it. I've won the jersey bet 4 years in a row now from the Tennessee fans and I've posted their pics up for the world to see in our control center. I've even helped them by sharing the memes I've found that they haven't seen yet. It's all in good fun for us for the most part. One of the other Bama guys called in sick because he didn't want to hear it...lol No sense ducking it; might as well laugh, congratulate and move on. Thankfully we've had a great run and don't have to experience this often!
Great attitude, and it keeps things from getting ugly at work. It also means that they will move on faster.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Not to turn this into a "Dabo the next HC of Bama" discussion. But I listened to him say the above and it sure does sound like (along with other things he's said) a guy making a strategic attempt at not saying anything that could be perceived as negative or trash talk. Whereas, I've heard Dabo get a bit highschoolish when talking about victories against other programs.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m actually proud of the way most Bama fans have handled this. There have been a few that make us look bad, but the way I look at it, our trophy case is full! I’m content with that! The best way to diffuse is to acknowledge they won, Congrats, and move on.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not to turn this into a "Dabo the next HC of Bama" discussion. But I listened to him say the above and it sure does sound like (along with other things he's said) a guy making a strategic attempt at not saying anything that could be perceived as negative or trash talk. Whereas, I've heard Dabo get a bit highschoolish when talking about victories against other programs.
No matter what anyone here thinks of him, he clearly still has a lot of love for Alabama.

Mob-Bama

2nd Team
Dec 14, 2001
Mobile, AL USA
I’m actually proud of the way most Bama fans have handled this. There have been a few that make us look bad, but the way I look at it, our trophy case is full! I’m content with that! The best way to diffuse is to acknowledge they won, Congrats, and move on.
I am too! I don't even want to THINK about "the next coach of Alabama" yet....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.