2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If I didn't know better, I'd think you are punking us with some sort of "parody conservative" act.
If my Facebook buddy wasn’t a barn fan, I might think it was him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Fences or walls do help but anyone saying they alone do what's needed are nuts.

Also - they help in some sections but not the entire border. I would ask the border patrol where they want them and go from there.

The problem I see is this isn't a wall or no wall issue - but some are portraying it that way.

Focus should be on getting the shutdown over with so these people can pay their rent, for goodness sake.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Trump has turned it into a wall, no wall issue by holding 800,000 workers hostage until he gets his way. The budget was ready to go, signed and delivered, until he threw us temper tantrum. So blame him for that “portrayal”.
That’s because Rash and Horse Face told him to - they closely monitor his “ratings”.
He’s at a point, now, where he thinks (I know, just bear with me here) he’s going to have to deliver on the wall because he failed in destroying the ACA (damaged but not destroyed). Never mind he promised Mexico would pay for it, his sycophants don’t care about that; they are insisting on a wall and if he doesn’t deliver he thinks (I know, OK?) he won’t have a shot in 2020. He thinks his base will get him re-elected so he can’t lose them.
I know the last paragraph is floating around in the cosmos somewhere near Hisanus, but he believes it; that is what is scary.
That’s why (well, one of about a dozen reasons why) he’s unfit to be President.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
i see bernie has passed the torch.
She looks like a cookie cutter liberal Democrat except that right now she is just trying to draw attention to herself to separate herself from the long list of people that will be running for president in her party. I looked at her long list of issues on her campaign site. It looks just like what most democrats are proposing. She is not like Bernie.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
She looks like a cookie cutter liberal Democrat except that right now she is just trying to draw attention to herself to separate herself from the long list of people that will be running for president in her party. I looked at her long list of issues on her campaign site. It looks just like what most democrats are proposing. She is not like Bernie.
i'm talking more about the "outsider, anti-establishment, both sides are bad" schtick.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
i'm talking more about the "outsider, anti-establishment, both sides are bad" schtick.
Well, she’s not entirely wrong about both sides being “bad”, if that’s her spiel; only problems is, even though one side is light years worse than the other, she’s part of the other.
She has started saying some things that will slam her stall door shut before the race even starts, if she isn’t careful. I respected and even liked her, but now she’s probably showing that she’s in way over her head.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Let thousands of people come up against a wall around a house and see how effective the wall is when those people really want in. I don't think anyone making that talking point has thought about that.
the whole "obama has a wall around his house" is a lie (one of many) that keeps getting repeated by trump and his gullible base. but don't forget, we are supposed to be civil to these people and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are serious about anything.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Fences or walls do help but anyone saying they alone do what's needed are nuts.

Also - they help in some sections but not the entire border. I would ask the border patrol where they want them and go from there.

The problem I see is this isn't a wall or no wall issue - but some are portraying it that way.

Focus should be on getting the shutdown over with so these people can pay their rent, for goodness sake.
I was with you down to here. There can't be a cave so a wannabe penny-ante dictator can try to perpetuate himself in order to grab more power unconstitutionally. It would be penny-wise, pound-foolish. He needs to admit defeat (remember the two years when it would have been easy with a Republican House and Senate) and put people back to work. It's about (badly) misguided ego now. And, I'm supporting kids marooned without income in the Coast Guard, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is...

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Yeah, but I think Sanders actually believed what he was saying. I think if Clinton had been running against a moderate Republican instead of Trump then Sanders would not have endorsed that corporate owned elitist (Clinton). OTOH I think Tulsi is just doing this to catch national attention. If she does not catch it soon then she will be lost in the pool of other candidates. Look up how she felt about same sex marriage before it became popular in the Democratic party.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Well, she’s not entirely wrong about both sides being “bad”, if that’s her spiel; only problems is, even though one side is light years worse than the other, she’s part of the other.
She has started saying some things that will slam her stall door shut before the race even starts, if she isn’t careful. I respected and even liked her, but now she’s probably showing that she’s in way over her head.

i imagine that we will see that with a few folks over the next several months.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah, but I think Sanders actually believed what he was saying. I think if Clinton had been running against a moderate Republican instead of Trump then Sanders would not have endorsed that corporate owned elitist (Clinton). OTOH I think Tulsi is just doing this to catch national attention. If she does not catch it soon then she will be lost in the pool of other candidates. Look up how she felt about same sex marriage before it became popular in the Democratic party.
i had never really heard of her until this past week. i did pick up that some lgbtq folks weren't too excited about her.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
i had never really heard of her until this past week. i did pick up that some lgbtq folks weren't too excited about her.
Granted, I’m not gay, but I won’t hold her being a teenage homophobe against her given her father’s views. Hillary was a Goldwater girl at that age. (But Goldwater became a gay rights supporter long before she did).

Still, I don’t see her getting far, though I didn’t know she existed a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.