2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
i imagine that we will see that with a few folks over the next several months.
I have been seeing that for the last two years. I said before the election he had no clue how to govern because it isn’t the same as running a business, which he sucks at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I was with you down to here. There can't be a cave so a wannabe penny-ante dictator can try to perpetuate himself in order to grab more power unconstitutionally. It would be penny-wise, pound-foolish. He needs to admit defeat (remember the two years when it would have been easy with a Republican House and Senate) and put people back to work. It's about (badly) misguided ego now. And, I'm supporting kids marooned without income in the Coast Guard, so I'm putting my money where my mouth is...

I understand there are political considerations but when I said this -

Focus should be on getting the shutdown over with so these people can pay their rent, for goodness sake.
- I was just stating what everyone should be focusing on - which obviously they are not - it being politics!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Actually, everyone not named Trump or Mcconnell or those supporting them are saying to do exactly that: open the government back up then work out everything else.
I realize that - but when you add the part I bolded, you are stating an additional condition. One that is political in nature.

My comment was to make it happen.......without additional conditions.

It can never happen that way due to political gamesmanship. Business as usual in Washington.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I realize that - but when you add the part I bolded, you are stating an additional condition. One that is political in nature.

My comment was to make it happen.......without additional conditions.

It can never happen that way due to political gamesmanship. Business as usual in Washington.
Really? No.

Let me make this clear:

Open the government back up now.

Anything else can wait to be worked out later.

There is no condition on opening the government in my statements.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
If he opens the govt there will be no need to negotiate. If he opens the govt the Dems will never give a penny to a wall.

I have a question. What is the opposition to the wall about? Most Dems including Obama have gone on record in the past for wanting a wall, now that Trump wants the wall all of a sudden no Dems want a wall anymore. It's obvious the Dems are just trying to deny Trump a win on a campaign promise regardless of what's best for the country. Trump has many faults, but he is not going to harm the country over pride or spite which is exactly what the Dems are doing.

Walls work, that's why Obama and Pelosi have walls around their homes. Lets be realistic here, we can't continue to let hundreds of people into the U.S. each day to drain tax dollars from citizens. Let's be honest too, a woman immigrant with children isn't going to be earning anything, she will be taking the whole time she is here and the first place she will go is to sign up for all the benefits she can get.

My heart goes out to these people, but just like I can't afford to adopt several families and pay for their food, shelter, health care, and lodging, neither can the country afford to take in every person who wants to come in. No one has a right to U.S. citizenship.
I’m gonna drop this here...more liberal Democrat talking points....oh, wait....

https://apple.news/A1HUzh1oZQEOBRETRk41_6w

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OK...now I understand what you are saying......and it's exactly what I was saying - just get it done - period.
You do understand that Trump was presented with a "clean bill" to keep the government operating, and, after saying he would sign, reversed course after Ann Coulter, she of the male Adam's Apple, call him a wuss? If that doesn't tell you something, then I can't help...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
You do understand that Trump was presented with a "clean bill" to keep the government operating, and, after saying he would sign, reversed course after Ann Coulter, she of the male Adam's Apple, call him a wuss? If that doesn't tell you something, then I can't help...
Nothing would surprise me at this point.....

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
And here’s why the Democrats should not cave. If they do, it’s merely a warmup for what comes next.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Trump can’t negotiate- the offspring of Trigger won’t let him.
I’d go along with Dems giving him his 5 billion in exchange for PERMANENT residency/citizenship path for DACA. That’s called “negotiating”, but Trump can’t do it. Not unless somebody muzzles the blond mare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
the whole "obama has a wall around his house" is a lie (one of many) that keeps getting repeated by trump and his gullible base. but don't forget, we are supposed to be civil to these people and give them the benefit of the doubt that they are serious about anything.
The White House has a fence around it. I recall several times in my lifetime people just hoping over the damn thing and getting on White House grounds. Only thing fences do are impede the people who really are disinterested in getting on the other side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.