2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
a petulant child who has 85+ % approval rating within his own party, which i might add is full of people who like to tut-tut about how everyone gets a participation trophy and libtards spoil their snowflake children and don't do the right things to instill discipline
With 29% of voters being Republican that probably adds up to his 30% MAGA base. I am going to assume that the 40% of voters who are registered Democrats and the majority of the 28% registered Independents have long since left the building when it comes to supporting Trump.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
With 29% of voters being Republican that probably adds up to his 30% MAGA base. I am going to assume that the 40% of voters who are registered Democrats and the majority of the 28% registered Independents have long since left the building when it comes to supporting Trump.
the bad part is, a significant chunk of those folks are "both-siders"

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Trump didn’t win the popular vote to begin with. Then factor in those who only voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary Clinton. So it isn’t surprising he is not supported by the majority here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Trump didn’t win the popular vote to begin with. Then factor in those who only voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary Clinton. So it isn’t surprising he is not supported by the majority here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, but remember - the voices of those rocks & trees in Wyoming MUST be heard, and even more so than the voters in larger counties and states.

Because, Allah forbid that an election should be decided by the one who gets the most votes.

Our slave-owning Forefathers so ordained this noble and sacred practice. Along with the 3/5ths compromise, and indirect election of the Senate.

Like Allah, they were infallible. Amen. Inshallah!

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
the bad part is, a significant chunk of those folks are "both-siders"
True but I hope that Trump hitting many of them on pocket book issues with the shutdown will put them on the other side. That is if the mid-terms are any indication!

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I understand what you're saying - but in your opinion - how much would it take to get to end the shutdown - short of the original asking price of 5 billion?

3 billion?
The specific dollar amount is not the real problem at this point. Work with border patrol/DHS and determine where a physical wall makes the most sense and where other border security measures make more sense. Then work out an implementation and funding plan. Right now both sides are shouting past each other playing political games.
The worst player seems to be McConnell who wont do anything in the senate without Trump's approval first. Somebody needs to explain to him the principal of checks and balances and remove his face from Trump's butt.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes, but remember - the voices of those rocks & trees in Wyoming MUST be heard, and even more so than the voters in larger counties and states.

Because, Allah forbid that an election should be decided by the one who gets the most votes.

Our slave-owning Forefathers so ordained this noble and sacred practice. Along with the 3/5ths compromise, and indirect election of the Senate.

Like Allah, they were infallible. Amen. Inshallah!
but all of my libertarian friends always assured me that the 17th and 19th amendments were a big part of the the reason for all of our woes

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The specific dollar amount is not the real problem at this point. Work with border patrol/DHS and determine where a physical wall makes the most sense and where other border security measures make more sense. Then work out an implementation and funding plan. Right now both sides are shouting past each other playing political games.
The worst player seems to be McConnell who wont do anything in the senate without Trump's approval first. Somebody needs to explain to him the principal of checks and balances and remove his face from Trump's butt.
The administration already has over a billion dollars for border security allocated in the budget from the last fiscal year that hasn't been spent and I believe $1.6 Billion in the current unanimously approved spending bill that was sent to Trump to sign for the upcoming fiscal year.

Make no mistake Trump doesn't care anything about building a wall. He wants it to remain for a 2020 campaign issue and distract us from the fact that Paul Manafort sent campaign data directly to the Russians to enable them to utilize it in their attempt to put their thumb on the scale for Trump. This would be called Treason in any previous period of American history.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The administration already has over a billion dollars for border security allocated in the budget from the last fiscal year that hasn't been spent and I believe $1.6 Billion in the current unanimously approved spending bill that was sent to Trump to sign for the upcoming fiscal year.

Make no mistake Trump doesn't care anything about building a wall. He wants it to remain for a 2020 campaign issue and distract us from the fact that Paul Manafort sent campaign data directly to the Russians to enable them to utilize it in their attempt to put their thumb on the scale for Trump. This would be called Treason in any previous period of American history.
I think he sees the wall as a battle for his political survival. I think he's afraid he'll never hold his base without having something at least to show for it. That's the real reason for the line in the sand...

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I think he sees the wall as a battle for his political survival. I think he's afraid he'll never hold his base without having something at least to show for it. That's the real reason for the line in the sand...
Make Donald Trump Win One Political Battle For The First Time! Should look good on a hat.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Wall Prototype Can be Cut with Saw

President Donald Trump has repeatedly advocated for a steel slat design for his border wall, which he described as "absolutely critical to border security" in his Oval Office address to the nation Tuesday. But Department of Homeland Security testing of a steel slat prototype proved it could be cut through with a saw, according to a report by DHS.A photo exclusively obtained by NBC News shows the results of the test after military and Border Patrol personnel were instructed to attempt to destroy the barriers with common tools.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
i hope so, because until we get away from this horse race b.s., we are not going to stop this silliness.
I agree. Why can't we have a candidate who is popular enough that they can win by a landslide?

Some blame the voters, but I put it on the people involved in the political machine.

Too much money involved in the industry of politics.

Too late to change it now. The fox is guarding the hen house......

Unless we have a revolution (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.