2019 Federal government shut down and the wall - Page 4
Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111454 ... LastLast
    FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Re: 2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    a petulant child who has 85+ % approval rating within his own party, which i might add is full of people who like to tut-tut about how everyone gets a participation trophy and libtards spoil their snowflake children and don't do the right things to instill discipline
    ​Party over country? Are you with me?!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I understand what you're saying - but in your opinion - how much would it take to get to end the shutdown - short of the original asking price of 5 billion?

3 billion?
    That warm water running down your back?

It isn't rain or water.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation All-SEC

a petulant child who has 85+ % approval rating within his own party, which i might add is full of people who like to tut-tut about how everyone gets a participation trophy and libtards spoil their snowflake children and don't do the right things to instill discipline
    With 29% of voters being Republican that probably adds up to his 30% MAGA base. I am going to assume that the 40% of voters who are registered Democrats and the majority of the 28% registered Independents have long since left the building when it comes to supporting Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    With 29% of voters being Republican that probably adds up to his 30% MAGA base. I am going to assume that the 40% of voters who are registered Democrats and the majority of the 28% registered Independents have long since left the building when it comes to supporting Trump.
    the bad part is, a significant chunk of those folks are "both-siders"
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

I'd say a significant chunk sees the warts both sides possess but more and more are seeing Trump, if not for what he is, as a problem.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    I'd say a significant chunk sees the warts both sides possess but more and more are seeing Trump, if not for what he is, as a problem.
    i hope so, because until we get away from this horse race b.s., we are not going to stop this silliness.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Trump didnít win the popular vote to begin with. Then factor in those who only voted for him because he wasnít Hillary Clinton. So it isnít surprising he is not supported by the majority here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Trump is a moron. So it isn’t surprising he is not supported by the majority here.

FIFY
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation First Team Its On A Slab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Trump didn’t win the popular vote to begin with. Then factor in those who only voted for him because he wasn’t Hillary Clinton. So it isn’t surprising he is not supported by the majority here.

Yes, but remember - the voices of those rocks & trees in Wyoming MUST be heard, and even more so than the voters in larger counties and states.

Because, Allah forbid that an election should be decided by the one who gets the most votes.

Our slave-owning Forefathers so ordained this noble and sacred practice. Along with the 3/5ths compromise, and indirect election of the Senate.

Like Allah, they were infallible. Amen. Inshallah!

BamaNation All-SEC

True but I hope that Trump hitting many of them on pocket book issues with the shutdown will put them on the other side. That is if the mid-terms are any indication!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    I understand what you're saying - but in your opinion - how much would it take to get to end the shutdown - short of the original asking price of 5 billion?

3 billion?
    The specific dollar amount is not the real problem at this point. Work with border patrol/DHS and determine where a physical wall makes the most sense and where other border security measures make more sense. Then work out an implementation and funding plan. Right now both sides are shouting past each other playing political games.
    The worst player seems to be McConnell who wont do anything in the senate without Trump's approval first. Somebody needs to explain to him the principal of checks and balances and remove his face from Trump's butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Its On A Slab View Post
    Yes, but remember - the voices of those rocks & trees in Wyoming MUST be heard, and even more so than the voters in larger counties and states.

Because, Allah forbid that an election should be decided by the one who gets the most votes.

Our slave-owning Forefathers so ordained this noble and sacred practice. Along with the 3/5ths compromise, and indirect election of the Senate.

Like Allah, they were infallible. Amen. Inshallah!
    but all of my libertarian friends always assured me that the 17th and 19th amendments were a big part of the the reason for all of our woes

- George Orwell

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    The specific dollar amount is not the real problem at this point. Work with border patrol/DHS and determine where a physical wall makes the most sense and where other border security measures make more sense. Then work out an implementation and funding plan. Right now both sides are shouting past each other playing political games.
    The worst player seems to be McConnell who wont do anything in the senate without Trump's approval first. Somebody needs to explain to him the principal of checks and balances and remove his face from Trump's butt.
    The administration already has over a billion dollars for border security allocated in the budget from the last fiscal year that hasn't been spent and I believe $1.6 Billion in the current unanimously approved spending bill that was sent to Trump to sign for the upcoming fiscal year.

Make no mistake Trump doesn't care anything about building a wall. He wants it to remain for a 2020 campaign issue and distract us from the fact that Paul Manafort sent campaign data directly to the Russians to enable them to utilize it in their attempt to put their thumb on the scale for Trump. This would be called Treason in any previous period of American history.