Not open for further replies.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
yet another one of those "economists" from the right that know crap-all about anything, much less economics but get presented as experts. the think tanks, fox news, etc are full of them and their thoughts are presented as gospel among the right. iirc, this guy was one of the "dow 36,000" authors.
Just saw Kellyanne Conway during a stand up telling us how open and available to the press our great leader is. This in response to the question "why did he confiscate the notes from the Putin meetings". We are forced to swim in this right wing created soup!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Just saw Kellyanne Conway during a stand up telling us how open and available to the press our great leader is. This in response to the question "why did he confiscate the notes from the Putin meetings". We are forced to swim in this right wing created soup!
and the rube base continues to buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
His support is crumbling, I like this take and hope it works out much like this

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/opinion-trump-government-shutdown_us_5c3c12b7e4b0922a21d6218a
I believe if that final scenario works out the way the writer thinks, Trump will refuse to cooperate, setting off a Constitutional crisis.

I don't think he leaves involuntarily unless he's in leg irons and doing the perp walk.

Does the GOP have the cojones to stand up to him? I sincerely doubt it.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
ATL airport security wait times were at 2hrs + today. I'm guessing TSA is getting close to their breaking point. They already let a lady through and on to a Delta flight to Japan with a loaded gun a little over a week ago. If this goes to the end of month, it should get fun. Super Bowl is here. I've got a work trip. Wonder if I'll be driving instead.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I believe if that final scenario works out the way the writer thinks, Trump will refuse to cooperate, setting off a Constitutional crisis.

I don't think he leaves involuntarily unless he's in leg irons and doing the perp walk.

Does the GOP have the cojones to stand up to him? I sincerely doubt it.
that's why I said "hope" it ends like this, because that's all I got. I agree with you that Trump will likely refuse. Personally think we are already in a constitutional crisis though

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
ATL airport security wait times were at 2hrs + today. I'm guessing TSA is getting close to their breaking point. They already let a lady through and on to a Delta flight to Japan with a loaded gun a little over a week ago. If this goes to the end of month, it should get fun. Super Bowl is here. I've got a work trip. Wonder if I'll be driving instead.
seems to be hitting the fan now with TSA agents calling in sick. I can't blame them but also have flights scheduled soon

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Nah, the right wingers are saying that this is actually a good thing because it's stripping federal waste, and organizations are operating more efficiently by allowing loaded guns onto commercial flights and not inspecting meat and produce for contaminants.

‘Senior Trump Official’ On Shutdown: ‘We Do Not Want Most Employees To Return’

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Speaking of non-essential federal employees, is Congress still getting paychecks?
A few have said they are refusing them, but I don’t know if that is legal. (Trump had to take his paycheck and then give it to charity). I don’t know if the cabinet secretaries of the closed departments are getting paid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
well, when your administration is based on idiotic talk radio ideas of how things should work ...
This sort of smacks of Stephen Miller. It is only a short leap from instituting change by executive fiat versus at the ballot box to pick one... 1) brown shirts 2) gulags

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Interview with a border patrol agent yesterday, he said after next paycheck he won’t be able to make it anymore.
I’m guessing two weeks should just about do it; if the shutdown hasn’t ended, the real shutdown will begin.
It has already started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
seems to be hitting the fan now with TSA agents calling in sick. I can't blame them but also have flights scheduled soon
We can send our kids off to undeclared wars with indifference, borrow trillions every year and ignore climate change but it will really hit the fan if airport lines continue to lengthen. :rolleye2:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
This sort of smacks of Stephen Miller. It is only a short leap from instituting change by executive fiat versus at the ballot box to pick one... 1) brown shirts 2) gulags
Stephen Miller is a certifiable POS. I might add, that along with Sarah Sanders, he has one of the most punchable faces in the WH.

Last edited:

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Stephen Miller is a certifiable POS. I might add, that along with Sarah Sanders, he has one of the most punchable faces in the WH.

I’d pay someone for the opportunity. Miller is a slug.

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
I’d pay someone for the opportunity. Miller is a slug.

My impression of one thing that distinguished the Reagan years was his strong guiding philosophy in the conduct of domestic and international policy. We can see that by the time we get to Bush 43 we have a President that had never thought seriously about the history of the US and its role in the world. The same may be said about several other modern President's but the key point is that with Trump we are back to having an administration without leadership going in many often conflicting destructive directions at once. The order of the day is chaos when no one can quite predict the direction on any topic at any given time.

With Miller the direction is pretty clear. Grab all the power for the sake of power without any knowledge as to what purpose it might serve. Unlimited power and the worship of it is a goal within itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.