2019 Federal government shut down and the wall - Page 9
Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Miami International Airport is closing a terminal this weekend because security screeners have been calling in sick at twice the airport's normal rate as the federal government shutdown stretches toward a fourth week.
    LINK

BamaNation Hall of Fame

I guess Trump’s slum lord cronies won’t like the fact HUD is out of money - no more section 8 vouchers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

I guess some are enjoying this mess:

Thursday’s episode of the Russian state TV program “60 minutes,” the hosts gleefully highlighted the disarray Trump has caused and cheered on the possibility that he would plunge the U.S. into further chaos by declaring a state of emergency over a non-existent border crisis.
    “Then we will finally defeat America,” declared co-host Olga Skabeeva.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post

Thursday’s episode of the Russian state TV program “60 minutes,” the hosts gleefully highlighted the disarray Trump has caused and cheered on the possibility that he would plunge the U.S. into further chaos by declaring a state of emergency over a non-existent border crisis.
    There should be an “angry” button - not at the post or poster, but at what the post says.
    No one except Trumpers should be surprised by this.

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post

Just what the Russians wanted in 2016. No Hillary and an unfit POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    There should be an “angry” button - not at the post or poster, but at what the post says.
    No one except Trumpers should be surprised by this.

you can use the haha button along with the dislike button

The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Just what the Russians wanted in 2016. No Hillary and an unfit POTUS.
    surprisingly enough, that's what the gop wanted as well.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    you can use the haha button along with the dislike button

Neither show in Tapatalk on my iPad.
    All I have is Like/Thanks/Quote

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    they keep doing crap like this because they have a base that will put up with being treated like dupes as long as they get to pwn the libs. they have been conditioning them with talk radio for 25+ years and from the pulpit for 40+.
    Am I correct in saying that the Republican Congress never put forth a Border Security Bill during the first two years of the Trump Presidency and now they presume to tack it on a bill to fund normal governmental activities with no debate at all on the merits of the various needs for border security and caring for the hundreds (not millions) of asylum seekers emanating from Central America. It only serves to put into perspective the utter dishonesty of the likes of Lindsey Graham and their inability to govern this country.
    Last edited by UAH; January 12th, 2019 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UAH View Post
    Am I correct in saying that the Republican Congress never put forth a Border Security Bill during the first two years of the Trump Presidency and now they presume to tack it on a bill to fund normal governmental activities with no debate at all on the merits of the various needs for border security and caring for the hundreds (not millions) of asylum seekers emanating from Central America. It only serves to put into perspective the utter dishonesty of the likes of Lindsey Graham and their inability to govern this country.
    from the early w years onward (one could argue from gingrich speaker years onward.) the gop has continually shown that they don't have the capacity to actually run the government when they are in charge.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame

And another perspective from someone who’s there - but Trumpers can’t be bothered with stuff like reality...

https://apple.news/ApmrPhyawRS2L6ZYWBn3DNg

BamaNation Hall of Fame

More lies from the right - I can’t believe he said the WH is “ready to deal”. They had precisely the agreement he writes about, passed by Congress but Trump wouldn’t sign it; how does this incompetent fool know or think Trump will sign it now when he has said he wouldn’t?
    These jackasses make my head hurt.

https://apple.news/AlfJTl2FLTyWhfvKvxmfxDQ

Quote Originally Posted by twofbyc View Post
    More lies from the right - I can’t believe he said the WH is “ready to deal”. They had precisely the agreement he writes about, passed by Congress but Trump wouldn’t sign it; how does this incompetent fool know or think Trump will sign it now when he has said he wouldn’t?
    These jackasses make my head hurt.

https://apple.news/AlfJTl2FLTyWhfvKvxmfxDQ

it's hilarious seeing folks passionately defend an idea that was nothing more than a mnemonic device for a moron.

- George Orwell

— Thomas Pynchon