2019 Federal government shut down and the wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Like I said....no idea what this announcement will be.

It's possible it will be some kind of proposed legislation that reopens the part of government that was shutdown - --- with the condition that the Dems accept his terms.

If a deal had already been made, you'd think we'd be hearing something from the other side.

We'll see......something needs to be done though....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Yup. People like you to abandon the criminal & start calling for his impeachment and imprisonment. The rabid support those like you have maintained is the main reason we’re here in the first place.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Yup. People like you to abandon the criminal & start calling for his impeachment and imprisonment. The rabid support those like you have maintained is the main reason we’re here in the first place.
I am not sure Trump needs support to continue this. If he has already come yo the realization that he will lose on 2020 then he needs no one's support except the Senate to keep him from being indicted.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I am not sure Trump needs support to continue this. If he has already come yo the realization that he will lose on 2020 then he needs no one's support except the Senate to keep him from being indicted.
He may not but he definitely pays close attention to his support & worries if the Fox News group starts turning on him even slightly.

The cult members are also largely what is keeping a lot of Republicans in line (along with likely a lot of dirty dealing with Russians themselves in some key instances *cough*Mitch*cough*)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
That's funny, Matt.

I can assure you - nothing you or I do has any impact on what happens in Washington, except for our vote.

Especially anything that happens on a talk forum.

I've said this before....a talk forum is primarily for entertainment and exchange of ideas.

And also for venting.

I would love nothing better than to see some quality presidential candidates vying for my vote in 2020.

Until then......

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Like I said....no idea what this announcement will be.

It's possible it will be some kind of proposed legislation that reopens the part of government that was shutdown - --- with the condition that the Dems accept his terms.

If a deal had already been made, you'd think we'd be hearing something from the other side.

He can't do that. Legislation still has to originate with congress, and, if it involves revenue, the House. All he can do is declare his bogus state of emergency and try to reallocate funds. If he does that, it will land in the courts and probably be there until he's out of office...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
He can't do that. Legislation still has to originate with congress, and, if it involves revenue, the House. All he can do is declare his bogus state of emergency and try to reallocate funds. If he does that, it will land in the courts and probably be there until he's out of office...
I agree about the legislation - I was only saying he would announce it - obviously pending approval by Congress.

Again, I'm just hazarding a guess. Will be interesting to see how the chess pieces move.....

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Pelosi can trigger a vote the moment he declares a state of emergency to have it rolled back. Mitch will have to come out of his hole.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree about the legislation - I was only saying he would announce it - obviously pending approval by Congress.

Again, I'm just hazarding a guess. Will be interesting to see how the chess pieces move.....
I just haven't seen anything to indicate that there's been any kind of agreement with Pelosi. Quite the opposite, so far. If anything, I'd guess that it will be his oft-threatened national emergency...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don’t think he has a choice. Under the National Emergency Act, I believe they’re required *by law* to take it up.

Link

Wouldn’t have much effect, as Trump would simply veto, but it would force an embarrassing roll-call vote for Senate Rs.
Thanks. I had missed the trigger provision. I think it would be worthwhile because a lot of politicians who've been hiding would lose their cover...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
His speech is on now. So far just a bunch of talking points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.